• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thing is I can find nothing suggesting 26% anywhere. The most recent data I can find is here - https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/country-and-regional-analysis-2021/country-and-regional-analysis-november-2021

And largely it's as you'd expect. London gets the most and the midlands and north east are forgotten along with Wales.
I found the quote, which I thought might shed some light on what this means, but it doesnt: "they have 26% more funding per head than England". I've run the figures a bunch of ways and I can't work out where she got it from.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
I found the quote, which I thought might shed some light on what this means, but it doesnt: "they have 26% more funding per head than England". I've run the figures a bunch of ways and I can't work out where she got it from.
Why are you bothered Hermie? 🤷‍♂️

Mr Jinx

Pardon me for asking Jigzy but what is the relevance of this "wee nippy" thing?

Down yer in the Westcountry that phrase relates to when you need to go for a middle of the night tinkle after you've had to switch all the heating off.

Although you could be right - as more and more of even the "entitled classes" have to turn off the central heating for financial reasons even the right wing blue tops might start acknowledging this present molehill as the mountain it's becoming, even for their loyal readership.
I'll defer to the Rt Hon Alistair20000, from whom I nicked said monicker.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why are you bothered Hermie? 🤷‍♂️
Out of interest.

Grecian2K

I'll defer to the Rt Hon Alistair20000, from whom I nicked said monicker.
I always thought that at Chez Al a "wee nippy" was his preferred bedtime tot of his favourite Uisge Beatha?

Alistair20000

I always thought that at Chez Al a "wee nippy" was his preferred bedtime tot of his favourite Uisge Beatha?
A Benedictine and Brandy in my hand right now

Grecian2K

A Benedictine and Brandy in my hand right now
Hadn't realised that you'd booked a monastic winter break Al...and who is Brandy?

Alistair20000

Hadn't realised that you'd booked a monastic winter break Al...and who is Brandy?
The Looking Glass lass.

tavyred

Out of interest.
So you accept the English are being shafted, but you want to establish the depth? 😎

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
So you accept the English are being shafted, but you want to establish the depth? 😎
I'm interested in how politicians manipulate statistics in such a way as to essentially be misleading. I edited a very thorough research paper on this once, and since then I keep a look out for it. The topic is largely incidental.