• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm massively in favour of new grammar schools as much as anything because it's clear the school system isn't working currently.
I'd run for cover if I was you...and get a tin hat on!

Mr Jinx

Fine, You don't accept my answer, I can live with that. Jinxy, The "Main man" and "Font of all knowledge" on Exeweb, We really aren't worthy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You don't need to know absolutely everything to have an opinion. Or do you think that one does?

Mr Jinx

Says the man who routinely responds he can’t be arsed when faced with a tricky delivery. Rank hypocrisy.
Ask me my opinion on anything, and I'll usually give it. If I don't, I don't then snipe from the sides like DB9.

Mr Jinx

IWhy are there so many shortage occupations?
It's a global phenomenon lam. Covid has messed with the supply of labour in a lot countries across the planet. See my previous posts and linkages.

DB9

You don't need to know absolutely everything to have an opinion. Or do you think that one does?
No, It's just that you think you do.

lamrobhero

It's a global phenomenon lam. Covid has messed with the supply of labour in a lot countries across the planet. See my previous posts and linkages.
My guess is that it predates COVID but why do politicians who talk about "points based systems" not engage with it? My theory is that it involves engaging with reality which they do not want to do. They would rather just pass the buck.

tavyred

My guess is that it predates COVID but why do politicians who talk about "points based systems" not engage with it? My theory is that it involves engaging with reality which they do not want to do. They would rather just pass the buck.
I don’t know why you’re complaining, there was a prediction a few years back saying the U.K. would overtake Germany as regards population (and economy size) mid century, looking at yesterday’s figures, that doesn’t sound too fanciful.🤷‍♂️

lamrobhero

I don’t know why you’re complaining, there was a prediction a few years back saying the U.K. would overtake Germany as regards population (and economy size) mid century, looking at yesterday’s figures, that doesn’t sound too fanciful.🤷‍♂️
Yes fuelled by non UK citizens taking all the best jobs.

Mr Jinx

No, It's just that you think you do.
My god, think that's as close as we'll get to DB9 having an opinion on something.

Mr Jinx

……but a system still open to abuse, yes?
Which of course is my point. 👍
Sounds like plans are afoot to try and stop the pimping out of English uni's:

Could all be hot air, but if it isn't, it's not before time.