• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
It has already become a reality.

As for the Wokey Kneeler McWokeface reference, very few people think like you, fortunately, and most of them already vote Conservative. Still, enjoy your sojurn in alternative reality if that makes you feel better
Of course. I'm fringe. Thanks for the reminder. Lolz

Grecian2K

Methinks your getting quite carried away. Bless. I won't deny you & G2k your moment.
Bit premature there Jinx. More looking forward to seeing the evisceration of the brand new leadership of your party next week in Brum!

If it happens of course? My suspicion is that if the natives are still too restive Dizzi will accede to the demand for a recall of parliament just to dodge it.

The cynic in me does actually suggest that could be astute politics.
The Libs cancelled theirs because of the passing of Her Maj.
The newly annointed "Queen Liz" cancelled hers on account of "national crisis" - albeit self-inflicted.
Leaving Labour as the only party to have put their annual Beano above national interest.

Cunning plan there, Baldrick!

arthur

One of Truss' key problems when it comes to how she comes across is that she tries to answer the question that's put to her. (Starmer was visibly shocked when this happened at her first PMQs). This is enormously refreshing of course, but because she isn't very good at it, this turns out to be major weakness. Listen to this, and then imagine how Boris Johnson would have flannelled and deflected, but still emerged with less excrement on him than she did

angelic upstart

Akin to it's ok for a black person to use the N word, but no-one else. Double standards galore.
I think there was a time when it was okay as it happens. But that was 30 years ago and it isn't now.

Huq should resign as should Neil Coyle, as should Claudia Webbe. Really annoys me that the silence from labour voters when they suggest they do better. All of these labour mps should have had way more pressure on them to resign.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
The cost of binning the 45% rate is a little over £2bn, so it’s indicative of the terrible optics of the ‘mini-budget’ that its the least fiscally impactful tax cut that’s hit home most with the public.
If it's the least impactful, but has the worst optics, then... err... why do it?

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Not all the Great Unwashed have mortgages.
It's not as if rents will be unaffected by all this.

Phil Sayers

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Of course. I'm fringe. Thanks for the reminder. Lolz
Less fringe, more gutter.

Mr Jinx

All of these labour mps should have had way more pressure on them to resign.
Interesting to see that Racebaiter General, David Lammy, wouldn't condemn Huq's words yesterday. Of course if a Tory had said something similar, he'd be frothing at the gills.

Grecian2K

Best one yet!!!
Always knew we could rely on Ted to help us. Even beyond the grave.