• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whether a change of direction or not but talking to each other must be a positive step?

angelic upstart

Fracking and nuclear over wind, solar and nuclear ? OK.
Worth noting that fracking provides gas, whereas the remainder produce electricity.

I don't like the sound of fracking, but know nothing about it. I do know it's limited to a couple of small bits of England, including Sussex where it'll almost certainly not be taken up.

elginCity

Worth noting that fracking provides gas, whereas the remainder produce electricity.

I don't like the sound of fracking, but know nothing about it. I do know it's limited to a couple of small bits of England, including Sussex where it'll almost certainly not be taken up.
Good point, with a nation reliant on gas boilers it's going to be interesting to see the detail. Rolling out heat pumps nationwide to reach a zero carbon target within a decade is quite some ambition. Whether it's realistic is another matter.

Mr Jinx

I know which I think resonates more with the UK electorate, bar the odd exception like Mr J...
Ah, I do love the smell of an art fringe issues dismissal of a morning.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Less a fringe, more a festering boil.

Mr Jinx

Less a fringe, more a festering boil.
Covering 52% of the body.

;)

Meanwhile, what of Italy tonight? Nothing fringe about them over there (by the looks of it).

arthur

Covering 52% of the body
It may have escaped your notice but it is not June 2016 any more

arthur

Ah, I do love the smell of an art fringe issues dismissal of a morning.
You actually do believe that the climate crisis is a fringe issue don't you? Beyond bizarre

tavyred

Meanwhile, what of Italy tonight? Nothing fringe about them over there (by the looks of it).
Squeaky bum time in Brussels again.

Alistair20000

Anyone else remember this? This is what the Tory Party has now become. Jinx will still insist they will win the next election

View attachment 9243

"When John Redwood challenged John Major for the Tory leadership in 1995, his supporters were mocked as the ‘ward 8 of Broadmoor’."
And two years later the Reverend Blair delivered the Tories with one hell of a beating. What is different this time is that in 1997 it was a Tory moderate called John Major that lead the party to that record thumping. This time we have the “radicals” in the driving seat. Interesting.