• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was the bias on the news programmes they were presenting? Did both the people actually say something that undermined their impartiallity whilst on air. I know Jon Snow said something about a pro Brexit demo and was quite rightly pulled up for it but I'm saying those broadcasters did there job, Sanctioned them when they thought their tweets/remarks crossed a line, Again what makes those broadcasters bias?
Again, stop moving the goalposts.
If you work for the Beeb in news, you are expected to show impartiality even in your personal SM accounts, and in the case of Maitlis is was her comments on air that was the problem.
Why is that so hard for you admit?

tavyred

Pinged by who?
Google it you pedantic loon!! 🤣

DB9

Again, stop moving the goalposts.
If you work for the Beeb in news, you are expected to show impartiality even in your personal SM accounts, and in the case of Maitlis is was her comments on air that was the problem.
Why is that so hard for you admit?
Yes i KNOW that, If her comments on air (I didn't hear them) were against the Beeb's rules, They sanctioned her so they Beeb did their job, Why is that so hard for you admit?

Rosencrantz

The thing she got pinged for was a monologue at the start of Newsnight on Dominic Cummings Durham trip during lockdown and the government's bizarre defence of it. She was right, a large part of the country was angry about it. A journalists duty is to point out hypocrisy and wrongs. Because of the strict regulations she got a telling off from the hierarchy of the BBC. Did it affect any interviews she did on Newsnight? No. Did it give minister's looking for an excuse to avoid scrutiny, yes. Did it give the Daily Mail and other right wing press a chance to air their anti-BBC agenda, of course.

However, unlike the printed press who can wear their political leanings without comment, on air news and particularly the BBC are more strictly regulated. So the argument of perceived left wing bias in broadcast media is moot as it is strictly regulated which is why there is no excuse for minister's or any politicians to claim a boycott because of bias. They are just shirking their duty to scrutiny and accountability. Something this government has pushed further than any previously not only in the media but also with public accounts committee's.

DB9

Google it you pedantic loon!! 🤣
Sorry, You say she was pinged for saying something i never saw/heard. I asked who pinged her, Was it you?

DB9

The thing she got pinged for was a monologue at the start of Newsnight on Dominic Cummings Durham trip during lockdown and the government's bizarre defence of it. She was right, a large part of the country was angry about it. A journalists duty is to point out hypocrisy and wrongs. Because of the strict regulations she got a telling off from the hierarchy of the BBC. Did it affect any interviews she did on Newsnight? No. Did it give minister's looking for an excuse to avoid scrutiny, yes. Did it give the Daily Mail and other right wing press a chance to air their anti-BBC agenda, of course.

However, unlike the printed press who can wear their political leanings without comment, on air news and particularly the BBC are more strictly regulated. So the argument of perceived left wing bias in broadcast media is moot as it is strictly regulated which is why there is no excuse for minister's or any politicians to claim a boycott because of bias. They are just shirking their duty to scrutiny and accountability. Something this government has pushed further than any previously not only in the media but also with public accounts committee's.
So like I've been saying, She said something and tweeted something that she shouldn't of, Got told off by her bosses, Which they had to do as it was against rules, Yet even after all this the BBC is biased? Did the Mail and other right leaning papers and people expect her to be publically flogged or lose her job because of it?

arthur

A bit of a way to go yet until GE policies and manifesto promises are set in stone. But Truss's words on Sturgeon probably bagged the Tories a couple of million guaranteed votes there and then.
I'm asking you to give examples of things you, as a right wing ultra, are in favour of and which will also win an election.

If it is any help to you I can give examples of things I am in favour of, but won't win an election. These include nuclear disarmament and reducing the prison population by 90%. I differ from you in realising that some of the things I fervently believe in are not popular. You, on the other hand, think your populist right Richard Littlejohn/Laurence Fox hogwash is what The People want

Last edited:

tavyred

Sorry, You say she was pinged for saying something i never saw/heard. I asked who pinged her, Was it you?
You’ve already posted that you read on Wiki that she was pinged by her bosses at the Beeb.
You’re so intent on arguing the toss you’ve forgotten what you’ve already written it seems.

arthur

Who has Liz Truss been interviewed by? Talk TV, GB News and Sky. Refuses to go on the Today programme, or face Andrew Neil. What a strong leader she's going to be....

DB9

You’ve already posted that you read on Wiki that she was pinged by her bosses at the Beeb.
You’re so intent on arguing the toss you’ve forgotten what you’ve already written it seems.
So the Beeb bosses sanctioned her? Did their job then?