• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Amended for factuals

Still waiting for some examples of ultra (i.e. Frostian) policies that are so popular they will guarantee a Truss election victory. Three will suffice
Yep me too, its almost as though the right wing on this country are ashamed of themselves and have no answers to the mess the country is in... So can we have an answer to a perfectly reasonable question...

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
BBC and C4 with their obvious bias aside, I was shocked whilst watching ITV news when at my parents last week (itv being banned in our house until the Masked Singer). I think it is probably more biased than the beeb and c4 put together, aided and abetted by ringmaster Peston.
I wondered when you'd notice. Tom Bradby is excellent. Who did Cummings leak all his stuff about parties to? Paul Brand. And who did the Mail blame for stirring up public anger about Partygate? The BBC...

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amended for factuals

Still waiting for some examples of ultra (i.e. Frostian) policies that are so popular they will guarantee a Truss election victory. Three will suffice
1. Tax cuts
2. Villifying lefties, press, immigrants, trans people or whoever's around
3. Some more tax cuts, probably

tavyred

Maitlis no longer works for the BBC and Jon Snow is retired. (I will say, According to Wiki) If they are not on these broadcasters who are you aiming the bias at?
We’re not taking ancient history here DB, both these supposed impartial journalists have transgressed in the recent past.
You asked me for examples and I’ve provided them, don’t start moving the goalposts to suit. From memory the Beeb’s Naga Munchetty also got pinged recently for liking an anti-government tweet or two.
I believe Maitlis and others are doing an Andrew Marr and leaving the Beeb due to personal frustration with the impartiality rules that apply to her and she evidently struggles with.

Rosencrantz

Maitlis and Jon Snow?
BTW, not denying BJ’s Government’s reluctance to get down and dirty with certain journalists, however the line “the Government has no one available for comment” has not begun and will
not end with this government.
The thing with the old school TV journalists of the past, I had no idea with most of them what their personal politics might be, that can’t be said with a lot of todays crowd IMO.
When did either show bias in interviews? Andrew Neil is old school and everyone knows where he stands politically but I don't have a problem with him doing interviews as he does the job professionally as a journalist who has done his preparation, as does Emily Maitlis and Jon Snow. So why should they be avoided by any politicians apart from the suggestion that they don't want to be held accountable?

DB9

We’re not taking ancient history here DB, both these supposed impartial journalists have transgressed in the recent past.
You asked me for examples and I’ve provided them, don’t start moving the goalposts to suit. From memory the Beeb’s Naga Munchetty also got pinged recently for liking an anti-government tweet or two.
I believe Maitlis and others are doing an Andrew Marr and leaving the Beeb due to personal frustration with the impartiality rules that apply to her and she evidently struggles with.
But if they're no longer there and Ms Munchetty has been hauled over the coals about liking an anit-government tweet who's being so bias now it rattles you? Was her Tweet on her official BBC account or her personal one? (I am asuming here she has both) Ms M and Snow did only leave C4 and the BBC in 2021, Not exactly ancient history.

Last edited:

tavyred

When did either show bias in interviews?
When did I say their bias was only evident in interviews?
Maitlis got pinged for straying into commentary re. a diatribe about Cummings and lock down and Snow got caught singing an anti-Tory song at Glasto.

angelic upstart

1. Tax cuts
2. Villifying lefties, press, immigrants, trans people or whoever's around
3. Some more tax cuts, probably
You forgot, complain that the remaining essential services including local councils are badly run to make out that tax cuts are worthwhile.

tavyred

But if they're no longer there and Ms Munchetty has been hauled over the coals about liking an anit-government tweet who's being so bias now it rattles you? Was her Tweet on her official BBC account or her personal one? (I am asuming here she has both) Ms M and Snow did only leave C4 and the BBC in 2021, Not exactly ancient history.
I believe the BBC rules on the impartiality of its TV news presenters covers their personal social media accounts too.

Last edited:

DB9

Again reading from Wiki, Ms M was sanctioned by her bosses for comments etc, To me if her bosses thinks she crossed the line and told her so, Isn't that what they're suppose to do? and why does that make the BBC bias?

The same for Snow too, He was sanctioned by C4 bosses, Again surely they told him what he can and can't do, Isn't that being responsible as a broadcaster?