• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Realistically a 92 is the best they can hope for under the current circumstances. A 97 would send the right wingers spinning into the abyss.
Offer a 21 overall majority to Miz Liz and I reckon she would bite your hand off Hermie

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Offer a 21 overall majority to Miz Liz and I reckon she would bite your hand off Hermie
As would Andy Burnham/Lisa Nandy/A.N. Other (delete as appropriate)

DB9

Or lose a majority and become "bezzie mates" with the DUP again?

Alistair20000

Or lose a majority and become "bezzie mates" with the DUP again?
Possibly

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suppose a hung parliament is not a terribly unrealistic proposition. The Conservatives only gained 350k votes last time, not a stretch to see them losing those and more. Labour lost many more votes to the LDs though; I'm not sure they'd be winning them back and where it would put things if they didn't.

Alistair20000

As would Andy Burnham/Lisa Nandy/A.N. Other (delete as appropriate)
Sir Keith will lead Labour into the next GE unless he becomes embroiled in some terrible scandal

Mr Jinx

Sir Keith will lead Labour into the next GE unless he becomes embroiled in some terrible scandal
Here's hoping!

Mr Jinx

I suppose a hung parliament is not a terribly unrealistic proposition. The Conservatives only gained 350k votes last time, not a stretch to see them losing those and more. Labour lost many more votes to the LDs though; I'm not sure they'd be winning them back and where it would put things if they didn't.
It's not unrealistic, but given that the SNP would have around 50 seats and have a huge say in any coalition, I really don't think it will happen.

Alistair20000

It's not unrealistic, but given that the SNP would have around 50 seats and have a huge say in any coalition, I really don't think it will happen.
A Labour/SNP coalition or less formal alliance will be a big turn off to English voters, including me

Mr Jinx

A Labour/SNP coalition or less formal alliance will be a big turn off to English voters, including me
Apparently it wouldn't in the alternate universe that DB9 lives in.