• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Or, more scarily, the bluest end of the autocratic spectrum?
Indeed. Boris was always considered a little bit Liberal and with a Carrie tail wagging the dog, it was at times quite flippy floppy. Anyway, those days are gone; Truss has the full backing of the Ultras, so let's see what happens.

Mr Jinx

"The commissioner has now found that leader of the Opposition failed to register eight interests - five more than the ones alleged in the original complaint.

However, she noted the "breaches were minor and/or inadvertent, and that there was no deliberate attempt to mislead"."

Not much to see here, unless you're Tavy or the Daily Mail

Yes, the prospect of Starmer losing the Leadership over Beergate was scary enough. Let's not go through that again.

Alistair20000

..about as interesting as the beer he drank in Durham.

Now if that had been Bunter or some other wicked Tory.........

arthur

Now if that had been Bunter or some other wicked Tory.........
Oh for goodness sake Al. I didn't think Sunak's fine was warranted and he's a fully paid up wicked Tory

arthur

Indeed. Boris was always considered a little bit Liberal and with a Carrie tail wagging the dog, it was at times quite flippy floppy. Anyway, those days are gone; Truss has the full backing of the Ultras, so let's see what happens.
Yes, especially when she starts attempting to pander to the broader electorate. The ultras will not be amused

Mr Jinx

The ultras will not be amused
And you say that like it's a bad thing! I don't think they'll need to keep her in check that much. I think Truss will have learnt from Boris's mistake of trying to please all the people all the time. Things might have been different had he not got punch drunk with the Red Wall.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Oh for goodness sake Al. I didn't think Sunak's fine was warranted and he's a fully paid up wicked Tory
Multiple offences from Sir Keith art. Not too clever from an organised professional man with a grip on the facts.

More consistency needed from you please.

You need to up your game art :) As does Sir Keith.

What is the capitalist pig doing selling a plot of land anyway ?

arthur

And you say that like it's a bad thing! I don't think they'll need to keep her in check that much. I think Truss will have learnt from Boris's mistake of trying to please all the people all the time. Things might have been different had he not got punch drunk with the Red Wall.
Do you honestly think that policies designed to appeal to the likes of you and your ultra mates will deliver a Tory majority?

Mr Jinx

Do you honestly think that policies designed to appeal to the likes of you and your ultra mates will deliver a Tory majority?
Yes, and handsomely (as it did last time).

arthur

Yes, and handsomely (as it did last time).
But last time there were only three policies
I'm good old Boris
I'll get Brexit done
I'm not Jeremy Corbyn

None of these are particularly ultra. What are these election winning policies are you expecting next time?