• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think you'll find Trump has already called his SM platform "Truth" 🙂
Just a coincidence, like Alex Jones' lawyers leaking everything.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

arthur

Sadly , I was reluctantly persuaded by my wife to join her to savour the delights of Rishi Rich and the delightful Liz tonight. I say reluctantly because I would hasten to say I couldn’t give a fig about either , except the possible damage they might be allowed to inflict on the poor unsuspecting country in the next couple of years.
As a complete and utter neutral and my opinion anyway completed disregarded as it is seemingly in all elections under our rigged first past the post system ,I must say I think Rishi won that one on points , appearing rather more authoritative than the ever vacuous Liz. She’s sure to win the proper election now then and it’s great that .3 % of the electorate can decide what’s good for the country by dumping her on us.
After an hour and a half of that it was great to get back to cleaning the cooker and putting the dustbins out for tomorrow.Excruciating .
I'm waiting for someone to ask Truss why the wonderful trade deal with Australia she "delivered" has yet to be ratified by the UK Parliament and that the International Trade select committe has recommended that ratification be delayed

Reactions: DB9

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Get rid of pointless box ticking regulations that achieve bugger all and cost businesses time and money.
Like export paperwork 🙄

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, the nightshift certainly got busy in this thread - a couple of answers to questions asked of me:

Al20k - I was pretty much all-in on Penny in terms of who I wanted to be able to vote for. Of course, now she's in Team Truss, I'm rather hoping she will be the "ambassador" at tonight's event...

Arthur: No, I haven't read Mrs Swire's book. I have no idea whether what she has written is true, and to be honest I have little interest in finding out.

arthur

Arthur: No, I haven't read Mrs Swire's book. I have no idea whether what she has written is true, and to be honest I have little interest in finding out.
That's a shame, as I think you'd enjoy it. I see no reason to doubt her veracity and she provides lots of behind the scenes detail that is both interesting and enjoyable to read in the same way that Tim Shipman's books were.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I may have a look - I enjoyed the Shipman books.

Mr Jinx

She’s sure to win the proper election now then and it’s great that .3 % of the electorate can decide what’s good for the country by dumping her on us.
That's just the way it works, innit. Why else would we have had a PM Gordon Brown?

At least with the Tories, there is some kind of choice.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
That's just the way it works, innit. Why else would we have had a PM Gordon Brown?
0.0% of the electorate got that choice! (Just like with May, btw)

DB9

At least with the Tories, there is some kind of choice.
A tiny amount get to choose but a "Coronation" like Brown was so wrong, My view, If someone is taking over as leader and when that leader is PM, The electorate should decide if they want them as PM , Become leader then go to the country to get your mandate approved.

Mr Jinx

A tiny amount get to choose but a "Coronation" like Brown was so wrong, My view, If someone is taking over as leader and when that leader is PM, The electorate should decide if they want them as PM , Become leader then go to the country to get your mandate approved.
I'd say yes, within 2 years of a coronation (or sooner if they so wish). And that will be happening this time anyway.