• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hey, the PM's spokesman says they're gonna have a review of the Ethics Advisor's role before appointing a new one. A review? Oh that should take up about 6 months. But why do this : surely Carrie should be offered the job,?
And the lame British public will suck it all up. How deep our great nation has sunk.
It's become a banana republic !!
Love bananas me 👍

angelic upstart

And yet here's that well-known left-wing firebrand Martin Lewis remarking on how he wouldn't envy anyone facing Mick Lynch across the negotiating table
Mick Lynch is the best thing on TV at the moment. Schooling presenters and politicians alike but answering the question, no bluff or bluster, he knows about the subject and imo, is usually correct with what he says.

Even if you hate him, it must be refreshing to see someone give a straight answer.

angelic upstart

About as good as others on here, including you.

All I will say is, the right wing press...you know...that irrelevant body without whose full support no party has ever won a GE...is absolutely playing this to the max. Not me again...so don't shoot the messenger. The Wail, for one, was even reporting on Arthur Scargill, who'd been wheeled out to one picket line up North. Man, that was an absolute present!

As newspapers die out, the influence will. Surprised me to see the guardian and mirror are 3rd & 4th most read online new sites after the mail and sun. Not that big a gap between them either.

Grecian2K

Love bananas me 👍
Although presumably not the "bendy" kind?

Mr Jinx

As newspapers die out, the influence will. Surprised me to see the guardian and mirror are 3rd & 4th most read online new sites after the mail and sun. Not that big a gap between them either.
Paper will die out yes, but electronic footprints won't. And on that front, I see it's going quite swimmingly for the Wail at the moment (from the Press Gazette):

papers.JPG

And for those that missed this little gem yesterday....here it is. The ghost of nightmares past is wheeled out...out on the county wide picket lines together with a significant number of Labour MP's

Like I said...an absolute gift, which has been duly snaffled up.

Last edited:

Mr Jinx

Mick Lynch is the best thing on TV at the moment. Schooling presenters and politicians alike but answering the question, no bluff or bluster, he knows about the subject and imo, is usually correct with what he says.

Even if you hate him, it must be refreshing to see someone give a straight answer.
Only seen v little of him...but he does come across quite Bob Crow. And with Bob, like you say, love or hate him, he was very good at what he did. Much like Farage.

Alistair20000

Although presumably not the "bendy" kind?
The shape of the fruitage don't come into it :) Not under or over ripe mind.

Grecian2K

So BooBoo is off to Rwanda later.

Hopefully, it's one of those "Patel Special" one-way tickets for this particular American/Turkish economic migrant.

Mr Jinx

Of course pick and choose, You're very good at that. 🙄
OK, let's pick another - YouGov...only 37% support. I'd be interested where you're getting the 60+% figures from?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
37% is about the same level of support the country gave Brexit when you include non voters, I thought that was a high quality threshold for a 2 answer question?