• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

lamrobhero

Re The European Court of Human Rights:
... The plan, being introduced to Parliament, would allow Ministers to ignore the court's injunctions. ...
... Previously announced that Ministers are going to be allowed to overrule decisions of the Parole Board ...
Why not just stop this messing about and just allow Ministers to take all decisions on all matters?
Interestingly when the Trump coup people who said that Pence could refuse to certify the election were asked if Kamala Harris could refuse to certify the next election, they demurred.
When the Lefties get in here just think what levers of power they will have control of.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
As regards Tiverton & Honiton I expect the Lib Dems to win but will not be betting as no VFM
Chicken!

DB9

Inflation hits 9.1% but don't look there, Look over here to be outraged.

Mr Jinx

No I don't, At the moment the Tories are trying to blame Labour for the strikes and I think this will backfire, The usual suspects are trying to whip up "Outrage" and accuse Labour for not condemning the strike, What Labour has said is sensible, Get negotiating. Thing is this Government are not trusted, They are seen as liars, Especially the leader, That is out there and not disputed, Their total out of touch thinking with the CoL to ordinary people is there to see. Those that support this lot through hell or high water will always do that but they are not the majority and those that "Lent" their vote to them are bearing the brunt with the rest of us and I don't think this strike is a big as open goal for the Tories you think it is.
Just goes to show you live in some kind of alternative universe. The right wing press is absolutely going to town on it.

DB9

Just goes to show you live in some kind of alternative universe. The right wing press is absolutely going to town on it.
Er no I don't, I said the usual suspects will go for it and of course those headlines proved me right, Turning this into "Labour's fault or strike" won't wash, I take that you never saw a poll of over 2.3k people who said nearly 60% supported this action? Bet the right wing press won't print that.

You though have swallowed the narrative that all the ills in this country is the oppositions fault, Especially Labour, When they have not been in power for over 12 years, Have not made any decisions at all and all these woes are on the Tories watch but don't let that stop you from blaming everything on Labour.

Mr Jinx

Er no I don't, I said the usual suspects will go for it and of course those headlines proved me right, Turning this into "Labour's fault or strike" won't wash, I take that you never saw a poll of over 2.3k people who said nearly 60% supported this action? Bet the right wing press won't print that.

You though have swallowed the narrative that all the ills in this country is the oppositions fault, Especially Labour, When they have not been in power for over 12 years, Have not made any decisions at all and all these woes are on the Tories watch but don't let that stop you from blaming everything on Labour.
Pick and choose polls time.

The only one I saw was 25% support.

DB9

Of course pick and choose, You're very good at that. 🙄

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
And yet here's that well-known left-wing firebrand Martin Lewis remarking on how he wouldn't envy anyone facing Mick Lynch across the negotiating table:
Ditto erstwhile Tory MP Rory Stewart:
Oh... and here's a poll saying the majority of UK voters think the rail strikes are justified and Johnson isn't doing enough to prevent them:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

You're being disingenuous in the extreme here. GB News, The Mail, or whoever may have undertaken a poll where support for the rail strike came out at 25 per cent, but do please point me in the direction of one done by any independent polling organisation which produced this result. Of course, you can't.

Mr Jinx

Of course pick and choose, You're very good at that. 🙄
About as good as others on here, including you.

All I will say is, the right wing press...you know...that irrelevant body without whose full support no party has ever won a GE...is absolutely playing this to the max. Not me again...so don't shoot the messenger. The Wail, for one, was even reporting on Arthur Scargill, who'd been wheeled out to one picket line up North. Man, that was an absolute present!

Last edited: