• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
What was the name of those 2 blokes up in the boxes in the Muppets?
Statler and Waldorf Indo. But they are more thee and me rather than Jinxy and Tavy. You know, cantankerous old curmudgeons having a rant :)

tavyred

So is the Met incompetent or is the Establishment circling the wagons to spare Big Dog.... as far as is possible ? Or both ?

Discuss
In what way are the Met supposedly acting incompetently Al?

Alistair20000

Something I read in the paper about Covid breaking "gatherings" where there are pictures of the P.M. in attendance that the Met hasn't investigated. If true seems a bit rum to me and questions to be answered.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd have thought it reasonably obvious... the PM wasn't fined for being at event fo which other attendees received a FPN.

Of course, the PM will have had the benefit of some of the best legal advice available before filling in his questionnaire from the Metropolitan Police, while mere civil servants won't have had.

Only today, some of those who were at the event, and did receive FPNs, have told the media Johnson's version of events doesn't tally with theirs. However, in the absence of any other explanation, it would appear the Met has taken everything the PM – a serial liar lest we forget – at face value.

No matter, there are, apparently, more compromising photos to follow, so, ultimately, he's only digging himself an even bigger hole.

tavyred

Something I read in the paper about Covid breaking "gatherings" where there are pictures of the P.M. in attendance that the Met hasn't investigated. If true seems a bit rum to me and questions to be answered.
Cheers.
I’ve not heard about that issue in particular, a lot of folks are perturbed about the gathering pictured yesterday where despite some attendees getting pinged with FPN’s, the PM wasn’t. As I referenced earlier it looks like BJ was spared because the Met accepted that his attendance was brief and then he went back to work, ie the Starmer defence. This hasn’t stopped the Met being pressured again to explain itself of course, the usual suspects of Sadiq Khan et al. 🙄

tavyred

I'd have thought it reasonably obvious... the PM wasn't fined for being at event fo which other attendees received a FPN.

Of course, the PM will have had the benefit of some of the best legal advice available before filling in his questionnaire from the Metropolitan Police, while mere civil servants won't have had.

Only today, some of those who were at the event, and did receive FPNs, have told the media Johnson's version of events doesn't tally with theirs. However, in the absence of any other explanation, it would appear the Met has taken everything the PM – a serial liar lest we forget – at face value.

No matter, there are, apparently, more compromising photos to follow, so, ultimately, he's only digging himself an even bigger hole.
The Met were never interested egg (and probably still aren’t) and until it became a political hot potato of course they were happy to let it slide. The same applies to Durham constabulary BTW.

Grecian2K

Panorama tonight threatens to be potentialy inflammaTORY.

Popcorn time!

(Mind you, Mad Nad still has 4 hours to abolish the BBC to prevent it being seen by the great unwashed.)

arthur

Good stuff art................apart from your twisting the knife somewhat in connection with my crass ignorance about craft beers :)
Thanks Al. Your crass ignorance of craft beers is something to be profoundly grateful for...

angelic upstart

Cheers.
I’ve not heard about that issue in particular, a lot of folks are perturbed about the gathering pictured yesterday where despite some attendees getting pinged with FPN’s, the PM wasn’t. As I referenced earlier it looks like BJ was spared because the Met accepted that his attendance was brief and then he went back to work, ie the Starmer defence. This hasn’t stopped the Met being pressured again to explain itself of course, the usual suspects of Sadiq Khan et al. 🙄
The PM clearly walked in on a party. Instead of thinking "This is against the rules I've set and made law myself, I'll put an end to it" he nobbles about, has a chat, raises a glass and goes about his day. This is the best case scenario for him, I have no idea whether or not that is what happened. Whilst I appreciate you're not at all interested in this, most people want honesty, integrity and transparency at the heart of Government. For that reason alone the PM (whoever they are) will be scrutinised more than anyone.

angelic upstart

Is craft beer different from real ale?