• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's all Labour's fault !!
You have no idea what Labour would have done : you are assuming things that are beyond your knowledge.
Another weak attempt to divert from Tory incompetence and cronyism. Fortunately fewer and fewer people believe that carp, so you're only fooling yourself.
On the basis they happily went along with all govt policy, only complaining that not enough was being done. It's fairly safe to suggest that other parties would have spent more.

That said, in the real world, the conservatives and the MSM would likely have wanted very different if they were opposition and thus labour by default would likely have spent less overall.

angelic upstart

Still money down the drain , and showing a certain distain for the feelings of ‘ordinary’ folk.And you get me wrong.I’m one of those strange people who can’t stand either party Labour or Tory.
Nope, I'm no fan of either of the big two. Nor the current system of parliament.

Banksy

Nope, I'm no fan of either of the big two. Nor the current system of parliament.
My sentiments entirely.

IndoMike

Well, we could start with proportional representation, which beyond any doubt is the most democratic way to reflect voters' views.

tavyred

Wonder what the police investigation cost? In these troubled times one feels whatever it was it could have been better spent. But what’s a bit more money down the drain to this lot? They all live on another planet.
It cost £500K apparently.
If you’re miffed about the cost look no further than London’s police and crime commissioner specifically and opposition politicians generally and indeed the MSM who thought this farce was worth all that money, time and effort.
Interesting to hear that the Met found the grey area surrounding what constitutes a workplace and a home a difficult thing to determine when it came to whether BJ and his Mrs warranted another FPN. I wonder if that might be the case when it comes to the Gray report.

angelic upstart

If you’re miffed about the cost look no further than London’s police and crime commissioner.
On the subject of police and crime commissioners, what is the point of them? What do they do?
Bearing in mind, many on the right suggest the police are very woke now, it's worth noting that nearly all of them are conservative.

lamrobhero

On the subject of police and crime commissioners, what is the point of them? What do they do?
Bearing in mind, many on the right suggest the police are very woke now, it's worth noting that nearly all of them are conservative.
In my opinion the creation of police and crime commissioners was another step in the undermining of local councils. Its also part of the individual superhero leader narrative.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Compared to what was spunked on Covid in total, probably not even a spit in the ocean.

And before you blame that on the Tories, its opposition parties would've had us locked down much harder and for way longer. Even more would've been spunked.
Dont forget its the Tories, who were too slow to lockdown resulting in thousands of excess deaths , spent billions on useless track and trace system and gave contracts to their cronies. In addition the government's failure to protect elderly and vulnerable residents inside care homes is the single biggest scandal of covid.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Well, we could start with proportional representation, which beyond any doubt is the most democratic way to reflect voters' views.
I blame the Lib-Dems for agreeing to a rushed referendum on AV, this is the single biggest mistake in British politics in a generation.

The Liberals should have insisted on legislation for PR being introduced at the next GE in return for their support
for the Coalition govt.

Mr Jinx

I blame the Lib-Dems for agreeing to a rushed referendum on AV, this is the single biggest mistake in British politics in a generation.
Not really.

Labour leader, Ed Milliband, deciding not to back AV and stick with FPTP probably was.