• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
The decline and fall of a Empire. They have now reached the point where each party genuinely thinks that if the other side wins their entire democracy is finished.
If Trump were to win again (which I don't think he will) I wouldn't be surprised if some blue states, California particularly, seriously considered leaving the Union

Phil Sayers

This won't even be that popular - opinion polling I have seen is about 70 /30 against overturning Roe v Wade. A ratio I expect to increase when the backlash to this really gets going.

angelic upstart

Eh?
Isn’t the furore over the DM printing the original photo (and Nads retweeting the article) with FD in it?
Not the photos I saw yesterday, they had cut FD out of the photo. They may have updated the article since then though.

Mr Jinx

Big push from certain Tories (and the Wail) to get Lord Frost to stand in the Tiverton/Honiton by election.

It makes sense to avoid Wakefield, but surely Frost would be tempted by a safer seat.

Alistair20000

Just watched a discussion on Sky News about #beergate art, they were talking about and reviewing a Kay Burley interview this morning with a rather testy Labour shadow minister.
Labour don’t like the boot being on the foot with this issue I’ve noticed.
Nobody likes being hoisted on their own petard Tavy.

Sir Keith and Labour should stick to the issues that voters are really concerned about.

DB9

Big push from certain Tories (and the Wail) to get Lord Frost to stand in the Tiverton/Honiton by election.

It makes sense to avoid Wakefield, but surely Frost would be tempted by a safer seat.
Again, Smashing it to the establishment by electing a Lord into the HoC's. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

tavyred

Not the photos I saw yesterday, they had cut FD out of the photo. They may have updated the article since then though.
This issue is obviously about the content of an article before it might been have cropped, not afterwards. 👍

Mr Jinx

All within the rules DB9 (seeing as you're so keen on not having them broken).

Alistair20000

He will need to stand down as a Lord DB. A right fought for by Tony Benn over 60 years ago.

Mr Jinx

I thought all that got debunked after that massive anti-Establishment initiative you might recall called Brexit got spearheaded by two of the most copper-bottomed toffs you could ever meet - JRM and Boris Johnson.

Besides, who else you going to vote for? A party led by a Sir?