• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not fussed by what others do, it's their life. But it irks me that I wasn't allowed to do it, if I did, the neighbourhood stasi would've contacted plod and I'd have received a fat fine. The fact that these people made those rules annoys me more.
Especially if Priti Patel was your neighbour 😉

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavirus-home-secretary-priti-patel-would-call-the-police-if-neighbours-broke-rule-of-six-12072281

There are many to blame but the PM is ultimately at the top and supposedly in charge. He was the one with the authority to stop it but instead it seems he has only encouraged the culture. At some point as someone in a similar position of power once said "the buck stops here".

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Lucky for Bobo that she wasn't Chancellor then...or would the above stance suddenly not apply?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
In addition, I'm mildly irked that the PM is getting all the heat, when quite clearly others heads should be on the chopping block.
Don't worry, from the sounds of "operation save big dog" everyone except Johnson will suffer the consequences.

arthur

“Today’s poll adds to growing evidence that the ‘partygate’ scandal is jeopardising the party’s support from red wall Leavers too,” said Rob Ford, professor of political science at the University of Manchester.

“Such voters have long felt disaffected from, and distrustful of, a political class they felt ignored their concerns and lived by its own rules. The resentments once mobilised against the EU by the promise to ‘take back control’ now have a new target – an out-of-touch Downing Street team who partied while the Queen mourned.”

Those who live by resentment die by resentment, it seems.....

elginCity

I'm mildly irked that the PM is getting all the heat ….
I’m irked that the PM not only broke the law, but denied doing so to the nation and lied to Parliament. Who else should be taking the heat for that ?

Reactions: Egg

Grecian2K

Rather surprised that our resident blue-tinted psephologist hasn't updated us with the latest "Vox Pop"
Usually he's all over these things like a persistent rash. Does he only "sing when he's winning"?

Reactions: Egg

Mr Jinx

Interesting article in the Graun today. For those of you already dancing on Johnson's grave...be careful what you wish for:

I'd be glad to see the back of Bunter were a real Tory to take charge. Interestingly Steve Baker is mentioned in the article. He'd do very nicely although I'm not sure he has the charisma to pull off another large majority.

angelic upstart

Interesting article in the Graun today. For those of you already dancing on Johnson's grave...be careful what you wish for:

I'd be glad to see the back of Bunter were a real Tory to take charge. Interestingly Steve Baker is mentioned in the article. He'd do very nicely although I'm not sure he has the charisma to pull off another large majority.
If you're a Labour voter, you'd be a fool to want Johnson gone. I said on here about a year ago, they just need to sit tight and they'll win the next election such is his idiocy. I stand by that.

I think Steve Baker is too abrasive for most floating voters.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dunno I’ve made some of my best decisions when I’ve been three sheets to the wind!!😄
TBH, I’m as bothered by SKS eating and having a beer indoors with others as I am by BJ sitting outside in his back garden for 25 mins. Which isn’t very much.
I assume you didn’t miss the funeral of anyone close to you and that you might feel rather different if you did.

Notwithstanding the above, Johnson lied to parliament - he said ‘there were no parties’ and that ‘no rules were broken’ when, plainly, he knew that not to be true - and that alone demands he should go.

Mr Jinx

I think with Partygate or Labour's Drinksgate, what gets me most is that it's fairly clear they didn't fully believe the doomsday science they kept being told. And who can blame them; it was self serving boogeyman stuff and more suited to hollywood script writers.

But what gets me is why then model your policies, restrictions and HOC voting around it?