• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I take it you mean me DB. 😎
BJ’s and the Moggsters antecedence has never bothered me TBH, it bothers other people, usually their political opponents as its used as a handy narrative to use against them, you’ve just done it yourself.
My issue with AR has nowt to do with her working class roots, it’s the fact that I find her brand of left wing firebrand (gobsh*ite) class warrior politics deeply unattractive as a voter, and whisper it quietly so does SKS. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Probably do Tavy :cool: But i think for AR she gets too much on SM because of how she speaks or where she comes from when you have the likes of Johnson and Rees-Mogg are there because of some "Birth Right" and can get away with things TBH and especially at the moment i think we might need, As you've said "Firebrand Class Warrior" Because those in charge at the moment are those sense of entitled people who thinks the rules they make are not for them but for "The little people" The recent weeks have shown that they really are in it for themselves and not for the greater good.

DB9

I agree with you on Angela Rayner. I see nothing that encourages me to believe she would be any good in playing a part at competently governing the country. And yes, Sir Keith agrees but was politically too weak to marginalise her.

Furthermore, upbringing, social class, education don't come into it. Judge each person on their merits; or lack of merits.
Totally agree with you there Al but for AR its not happening, She is being judged by those things you've mentioned.

tavyred

Totally agree with you there Al but for AR its not happening, She is being judged by those things you've mentioned.
.......or being judged when she calls her political opponents “scum”? 🤷‍♂️

Alistair20000

Not by me DB. She needs to seriously up her game.

Now Rachel Reeves does impress me. It was wise of Sir Keith to follow my advice and replace the useless Anneliese Dodds with her. :)

AR could start by looking at RR's way of doing things.

DB9

.......or being judged when she calls her political opponents “scum”? 🤷‍♂️
Yep can agree about that but surely you can't judge her on that? "Tank Top Bumboys, Letterboxes, Pickanickies" were all said publiclly by our now PM but hardly anyone mentions that. 🤷‍♂️

DB9

Not by me DB. She needs to seriously up her game.

Now Rachel Reeves does impress me. It was wise of Sir Keith to follow my advice and replace the useless Anneliese Dodds with her. :)

AR could start by looking at RR's way of doing things.
For me when she does PMQ's she can very much hold her own and shows she can up her game.

Alistair20000

For me when she does PMQ's she can very much hold her own and shows she can up her game.
Just a shouting session DB. PMQ's is no guide to the art of good government. Not even sure it is good politics.

tavyred

Yep can agree about that but surely you can't judge her on that? "Tank Top Bumboys, Letterboxes, Pickanickies" were all said publiclly by our now PM but hardly anyone mentions that. 🤷‍♂️
All those legitimate and oft used criticisms of BJ, but SKS knows outside of her hard left fans, she can’t be using that sort of language.

DB9

Just a shouting session DB. PMQ's is no guide to the art of good government. Not even sure it is good politics.
Oh i don't know about that Al, PMQ's is often seen as how a PM/Opposition leader is doing and if they're in trouble.

DB9

All those legitimate and oft used criticisms of BJ, but SKS knows outside of her hard left fans, she can’t be using that sort of language.
I'm not defending her using that word Tavy, I'm just saying others have used terms that aren't the best and i think she gets are hard time because of her roots.