• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Douglas Ross as well. They're gambling on the hope he hasn't lied.
Of course he's lied. He always lies. The idea that he only knew about this party recently is for the birds.

Since he's decided to throw his staff under the bus, it won't be long before one of them spills the beans....

Alistair20000

Of course he's lied. He always lies. The idea that he only knew about this party recently is for the birds.

Since he's decided to throw his staff under the bus, it won't be long before one of them spills the beans....
I wish he would FRO ASAP :mad:

DB9

If hes proven to have lied to Parliament his position is untenable, he will be toast.
I'd agree but we don't seem to live in "Normal" Political times.

DB9

While Johnson is getting rightly bolloxed over this party at No10, Its not only him in trouble, Finnish PM is in hot water after going to a nightclub when she got "Pinged" for being in close contact with her FM who tested positive. Read the story and did think to myself "Oh i say" ;) :)

Banksy

‘ My favourite moment of today's PMQs was that poor, hapless new (Red Wall) member from West Bromwich who was (doubtlessly "whipped" to within an inch of her political life) to toss Johnson a first ball so gentle that even Rory Burns could have padded away. About the appalling services allegedly being offered by their long-standing LABOUR council.’
So that’s who it was GK2. My first thought was why is this daft young idiot disrupting things by asking this inane question.Didn’t realise the daft little bat had been thrown to the wolves by having to try to engineer a stupid diversion.

Banksy

Ms Allegro Stratton has resigned.
Good. Full of crocodile tears tonight on the evening news.Another clever dick bites the dust.Has she learned her lesson? Doubt it , these characters never do.No doubt head for the next big overpaid payout.

Banksy

While Johnson is getting rightly bolloxed over this party at No10, Its not only him in trouble, Finnish PM is in hot water after going to a nightclub when she got "Pinged" for being in close contact with her FM who tested positive. Read the story and did think to myself "Oh i say" ;) :)

Not a patch on Theresa May imo.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

I'd agree but we don't seem to live in "Normal" Political times.
I think if he has proven to have lied, he will not be able to command the confidence of the Party or the Country. Everytime he makes a statement it will not be credible and the opposition will tear his argument to shreds.

The Tories will be quick to ditch a 'damaged goods' leader.

This is a fundamental political reality and i would argue applies even in these strange days.

If in the short term if he can keep denying and no evidence emerges he might be okay.

Longer term the cumulative effect of all the negative stories and scandal will cause damage, how much remains to be seen...

DB9

I think if he has proven to have lied, he will not be able to command the confidence of the Party or the Country. Everytime he makes a statement it will not be credible and the opposition will tear his argument to shreds.

The Tories will be quick to ditch a 'damaged goods' leader.

This is a fundamental political reality and i would argue applies even in these strange days.

If in the short term if he can keep denying and no evidence emerges he might be okay.

Longer term the cumulative effect of all the negative stories and scandal will cause damage, how much remains to be seen...
The only reason they'd get rid is if he becomes a liability and they're in danger of not winning power while he's leader, That is what the Tories do best. He has never had the confidence of the "Country" as a whole simply because 60%ish of voters didn't vote for him or the Tories, Our FPTP and multi party system means a party can win an election with say betweem 35%-40% of the vote.

As I've said this constant drip, drip of incompetence and lies will i think turn into a bit more if it keeps happening and tbh it has been an horrendous time for the Tories for the past few months with various screw ups and denials/lies etc, Much as he likes to think that his Tory party is a "New" Tory party the fact is they've been in power for over a decade and have got complacent and arrogant, That is very dangerous for them i believe, It happened to the Tories in 1997 and Labour in 2010.

For me Johnson has shown lately that he is a liar and incompetent person unfit for office (IMHO) and has surrounded himself by a bunch of wet, self centred bunch in the cabinet that they all sing from the same lying hymn sheet and will do anything to stay in their jobs, Even if it costs lives and the country. He and the rest of them will go eventually, Gord knows the mess they'll leave behind but they will go and the sooner the better IMHO.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster

I should have said "gambling on the hope that no one finds out he lied".