• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
This Davies MP, What is he talking about? I know what he's alluding to but what the other person said is a fair and just statement with no reference or heated, vile language, He's just trying (Very badly) to deflect his own hypocrisy.
It's interesting as if you click onto Twitter there's a number of conservative mps doing similar, for what could barely be described as abuse, and certainly not the type of stuff you would want banned. It is almost certainly the type of stuff you would say to someone's face.

DB9

It's interesting as if you click onto Twitter there's a number of conservative mps doing similar, for what could barely be described as abuse, and certainly not the type of stuff you would want banned. It is almost certainly the type of stuff you would say to someone's face.
Nothing to do with the fact that the Tories are trying to bring in some laws regarding SM? :rolleyes:

Grecian2K

Nothing to do with the fact that the Tories are trying to bring in some laws regarding SM? :rolleyes:
I sincerely hope that you are not alluding to making "leatherwear" compulsory DB. Especially from a party usually so averse to the wearing of masks.
Mind you, it would give a fresh purpose to the job of Chief Whip I suppose.

DB9

I sincerely hope that you are not alluding to making "leatherwear" compulsory DB. Especially from a party usually so averse to the wearing of masks.
Mind you, it would give a fresh purpose to the job of Chief Whip I suppose.
With the Tories nothing would surprise me "Back to Basics" springs to mind.

Spoonz Red E

There's party discipline and then there's this:
"Many Conservative MPs posted almost identical statements on Monday morning after a weekend of anger over the vote".

"It would be irresponsible for any government to spend an estimated preliminary cost of anywhere between £150bn to £650bn to transform the entire sewage system".

A £500bn pound uncertainty?
Really?

How about planning spends to deal with the worst parts of the system first?
Pouring sewage into rivers is something the water companies have gradually turned into an almost default setting while shelling out huge amounts to shareholders and directors.

Not impressed.
At all.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

As regards public service contracts,the original estimate for the Holyrood Scottish Parliament building was between £10 million and £40 million. It actually cost over £400 million so I am not overly surprised with the range of figures for the whole sewage system

DB9

As regards public service contracts,the original estimate for the Holyrood Scottish Parliament building was between £10 million and £40 million. It actually cost over £400 million so I am not overly surprised with the range of figures for the whole sewage system
We all know an original PSC is worth diddly squat as all of them end up at least 10 times the amount, HS2 anyone?

Alistair20000

We all know an original PSC is worth diddly squat as all of them end up at least 10 times the amount, HS2 anyone?
You are right and I do not know why this should happen. Government being ripped off which means taxpayers ripped off might come into it.

Reactions: DB9

elginCity

The government is often being ripped off. Mostly by their friends, acquaintances and party donors.

tavyred

With the recent drop in infections it looks like the hapless Starmer and crew’s latest attempt to ‘game’ the pandemic (for political advantage) is going the way of his previous attempts.
Its getting unfathomable as to how bad the current opposition is.