• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
You’d think after the murder of an MP, the deputy leader of the Labour Party would be front and centre.
Strange that. 🤷‍♂️

tonykellowfan

Some decent deals being announced today for UK investment which hopefully will keep all happy (inners and outers).

Mr Jinx

They'll never be happy. Unless it's bad news when they'll squeal with delight before going down the "I told you so" route.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
You’d think after the murder of an MP, the deputy leader of the Labour Party would be front and centre.
Strange that. 🤷‍♂️
Why? I'm assuming she didn't know him that well, Starmer has made a statement on behalf of the party, she's tweeted her condolences, I'm not sure what else you're expecting? I know you dearly miss her, and I'm sure if she were "front and centre" you'd be criticising her for taking advantage of the situation, but this time is generally reserved for heartfelt tributes from those closest to the deceased.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
They'll never be happy. Unless it's bad news when they'll squeal with delight before going down the "I told you so" route.
Au contraire, I'm delighted to see some half decent investment in various environmentally friendly schemes.

Although I'm sure you'll join me in being disappointed that none of the 9.7 billion is firmly committed to the North, with the bulk of our (6 billion) going to East Anglia, and another 1.5 billion creating 14,000 jobs in London, the South East, and the Midlands.

tavyred

Why? I'm assuming she didn't know him that well, Starmer has made a statement on behalf of the party, she's tweeted her condolences, I'm not sure what else you're expecting? I know you dearly miss her, and I'm sure if she were "front and centre" you'd be criticising her for taking advantage of the situation, but this time is generally reserved for heartfelt tributes from those closest to the deceased.
Has she tweeted her condolences?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
She retweeted Starmer's

Grecian2K

Hasn't she??? 🙄 (four days ago, if you care to check)

Since then she has kept a respectful silence,allowing his closest friends and family to privately mourn.

Yet again the Daily Tavigraph deflecting, denying (and downright lying) in the interests of his improperganda.

Grecian2K

Meanwhile...
Reportedly increasing tension being reported between Johnson and Sunak in the run up to the budget.

One a populist (and, for some reason, popular) vote winner.
The other a somewhat dour financial pragmatist.
But both with huge ambition for the top job.

Blair and Brown (2020's remix)? Might take a little while yet, but I'm still keeping the popcorn handy in anticipation!

Alistair20000

As regards Angela Rayner I am hoping she takes on board what Sir Lindsay Hoyle had to say about a need for greater kindness in politics.

I always thought of Sir David Amess as a very partisan Tory. See election night declarations in Basildon. The tributes from across the political spectrum paint a rather different picture. He combined his passion for his policies and causes with great courtesy and civility.