• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Plus I agree that it's terrible news - regardless of anyone's views or politics one should still be free to follow them in a peaceful and law abiding manner.

At least the police seem to have immediately apprehended a chief suspect (and the weapons)
Let's all let "due process" take it's course before rash conclusions are leapt to, eh?

Reactions: DB9

DB9

RIP to Mr Amess and condolences to his family, friends and colleagues, Senseless and disgusting, An MP doing the day to day surgery, helping his local constituents murdered in this way. Makes me angry indeed, Even if you dislike a person/party this is awful, My thoughts are for his bereaved family.

Mr Jinx

The connection between a prominent frontline MP referring to her political opponents as “Tory Scum” thus giving nutters with knives possible encouragement.
I'm no fan of Rayner or Labour as you know, but the link isn't even tenuous...it's ridiculous.

And he's died...oh my.

angelic upstart

We don't know the reasons yet until the Police reveal more (If they do) It could be a local constiunent who's as you say "A nutter" with a grudge or something else. The glory of SM, People tippy tapping on their phones without a shred of evidence, Its sad now that when the Police have to deal with any incident nowadays they have to say "Please don't speculate on SM"
It's disgusting and pathetic. To be honest, if the first thing you wanna mention when someone's been stabbed is political stuff it simply shows you up for what you are irrespective of who you are and how you vote. Quite simply, you're indoctrinated.

The only thing on antisocial media that raises my ire more are people that record people getting hit/abused and record it rather than step in and do something.

fred binneys head

It's disgusting and pathetic. To be honest, if the first thing you wanna mention when someone's been stabbed is political stuff it simply shows you up for what you are irrespective of who you are and how you vote. Quite simply, you're indoctrinated.

The only thing on antisocial media that raises my ire more are people that record people getting hit/abused and record it rather than step in and do something.
Although I agree with your view, people videoing crimes is now a big part of securing successful convictions. I'd prefer them to video it for a few seconds, then step in and try to stop it.

angelic upstart

Although I agree with your view, people videoing crimes is now a big part of securing successful convictions. I'd prefer them to video it for a few seconds, then step in and try to stop it.
You only need one person videoing though. I've seen stuff where there's about 10 people stood watching or videoing and no one doing anything. It's wrong in my humble.

angelic upstart

I see (from politics for all on Twitter) some plaid cymru Chap blamed the government for the politicians murder.
This geez was once the police and crime commissioner. Totally insane.

tonykellowfan

When Jo Cox was murdered plenty on the left blamed right wing politicians.

DB9

Are you saying from SM? This is not the time for petty he said/she said, A person has died, Murdered in the most awful way just doing his job, A family is bereaved.

Grecian2K

Not "politicians"....more like their so-called supporters.
Just like (sadly, already) some are already trying to flip that coin.
Bad is bad...be it left-v-right, black-v-white, protestent-caltholicz "christian"-v-"muslim".
Some people are just born "wrong"....and, sadly, too many on the sidelines (throughout history) just like to egg them on.