• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
On another note, sadly it looks like panic buying is back. Lots of shelves at our Sainsburys are bare. Not as bad as March last year and I'm hoping we don't go back there. FFS
Petrol next?!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Petrol next?!
One way of reducing the UK Carbon Emissions i suppose.

Grecian2K

One way of reducing the UK Carbon Emissions i suppose.
But aren't we supposed to be running short of CO2?
Isn't that what's causing the current "food crisis"?? Perhaps we should all try exhaling a bit harder to "save Christmas"???
Who to believe, eh?
(PS: The Jinx at a mere Sainburys :eek:. Appreciate you may not wish to mix with the hoi poloi en route to Fortnum & Mason for your weekly shop, but surely there's a Waitrose nearby? Whatever next? Marcus Rashford on telly pleading for "Jinx-Aid"? Still, if things get too grim "oop-norf (London)" I'm sure that you can rely on emergency food parcel arriving with a Tavistock postmark if things get too dire. Failing that you can always pop out to the local Academy for a quick Chinese )

Last edited:

Mr Jinx

But aren't we supposed to be running short of CO2?
Isn't that what's causing the current "food crisis"?? Perhaps we should all try exhaling a bit harder to "save Christmas"???
Who to believe, eh?
(PS: The Jinx at a mere Sainburys :eek:. Appreciate you may not wish to mix with the hoi poloi en route to Fortnum & Mason for your weekly shop, but surely there's a Waitrose nearby? Whatever next? Marcus Rashford on telly pleading for "Jinx-Aid"? Still, if things get too grim "oop-norf (London)" I'm sure that you can rely on emergency food parcel arriving with a Tavistock postmark if things get too dire. Failing that you can always pop out to the local Academy for a quick Chinese )
Indeed. This Saturday's slap up of Poached Swan washed down with Proles' Tears has sadly been put off chez Jinx.

Now Tavy, about that food parcel....

Grecian2K

Indeed. This Saturday's slap up of Poached Swan washed down with Proles' Tears has sadly been put off chez Jinx.

Now Tavy, about that food parcel....
Sadly for you it was revealed on the local news last week that the famous Tavistock Goosey had to be cancelled again this year.
So it looks like the most you can hope for this year from the West Devon farmer's market might be some indigenous larks tongues, chaffinch brains and otter noses for your festive fodder (sadly from your point of view the wolf nipples and Tuscany fried bats are likely still to be stuck in a container lorry off the M20 due to post-Brexit bureaucracy...and, as for the dromedary pretzels for your evening munchies, well dream on)

Alistair20000

Strange that 60,000 people can rock up in a football stadium but that Goose Fair is considered unsafe due to Covid.

Mr Jinx

Kier has just released a document on his "Vision for Labour".

John McDonnell was quick off the mark to rubbish it calling it a long essay unlikely to inspire voters and likening it to "the Sermon on the Mount written by a focus group".

You go girl! Handbags at dawn.
And Lord Adonis gets his claws out too:

"When you haven't got anything new to say, it's best not to say it in 14,000 words."

Ooh...touché!

Mr Jinx

Petrol next?!
Yep, I just erred in the side of caution and went to top up. Diesel was completely out and there was a queue of cars coming out on to the road at 8pm for what was left.

Won't be long till they're dry.

DB9

Yep, I just erred in the side of caution and went to top up. Diesel was completely out and there was a queue of cars coming out on to the road at 8pm for what was left.

Won't be long till they're dry.
Because like you, The others "erred on the side of caution" Perhaps if you and others didn't there wouldn't be a risk of the pumps running dry?

I'd like to see the military driving the tankers while the Government looks for a permanent solution to this, Think it would help.

Rosencrantz

Our local Tesco is out of unleaded because they haven't upgraded their pumps for E10. Early October is apparently the date promised for the new pumps to be fitted so over a week at least for Morrison's to cash in.