• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting story re. Brixham on spotlight just now. Apparently Brixham is booming and has applied for government funding to make the ‘fish quay’ bigger as the current arrangement is too small to handle the amount of fish being landed there.
Brexit eh? 🤷‍♂️
Not quite the reality but, hey ho, don't let it stop you!

“Investment in Brixham’s harbour and fish market would help secure the future of Brixham’s fishing sector which has been badly affected by Brexit and Covid-19."

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
It really is the reality.
You know your 1st link is three months old?
The spotlight story cited an extra £6 million in post Brexit fishing trade as a result of more boats landing their catch there and the new need to extend the quay as there is no room for that extra trade.
I’m not sure what the relevance of your 2nd link is egg.

angelic upstart

The second link states "Brixham’s fish market is currently enjoying a boom in business, with fish landed in ports hundreds of miles away being brought by road to be sold at the online auctions on the quayside.

But, said Mr Spreckley: “Environmentally the fish quay proposal is ridiculous. This will just lead to more fish being trucked in from all over the country to be sold on the market at Brixham, because Brixham fish has a premium value"

I think it just means people are bringing fish from the EU into Britain to sell more expensively.

angelic upstart

Just out of interest, does anyone give a shit about going to imperial measurements for fruit and veg etc.

Alistair20000

Just out of interest, does anyone give a **** about going to imperial measurements for fruit and veg etc.
Love Imperial measurements and weights me (y)

elginCity

…..Brexit eh? 🤷‍♂️
Not happened fully yet…. yawn

Oldsmobile-88

Just out of interest, does anyone give a **** about going to imperial measurements for fruit and veg etc.
Nope.

Just interested in keeping road distances in miles & Ale in pints 😁

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I still have absolutely no idea what a kg is, so it's all good to me. (y)

Spoonz Red E

I asked someone what a kg was.

The answer I got sounded cagey.

Rosencrantz

It's a thousand grams. Here to help 😉