• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
You’ve got to admire old Shamina’s efforts in westernising her appearance. A bit of lippy and a baseball hat and the hasty abandonment of the hijab etc.
A less generous person would accuse her of cultural misappropriation. 😉
I think she should be allowed a choice however: stay put or move to Afghanistan. The thing is, the route back from Afghanistan is a much easier one.

I did see an interview with her about 6 months ago and part of me felt a twinge of sympathy. But I'm afraid she needs to be made an example of. Keeping her in the wastes of Syria shows others in a similar mind frame what delights await them.

fred binneys head

I think she should be allowed a choice however: stay put or move to Afghanistan. The thing is, the route back from Afghanistan is a much easier one.

I did see an interview with her about 6 months ago and part of me felt a twinge of sympathy. But I'm afraid she needs to be made an example of. Keeping her in the wastes of Syria shows others in a similar mind frame what delights await them.
It’s a difficult one for me, I do have sympathy for her. When she left she was a child, younger than my daughter. I’ve seen how impressionable youngsters are (we all know) so the thought of a child effectively being groomed and then tried as an adult a couple of years later doesn’t sit right with me. I think she should be let back into the UK.

angelic upstart

I think we should sort out what's happened to the hundreds/thousands of actual fighters that have already returned.
Shamima is just a patsy to keep folk angry and not asking the real questions.

Alistair20000

She was far too slow to show contrition and genuine remorse as far as I am concerned. Keep her out.

I don’t think with her Westernised make over the Taliban will be too happy if she rocks up in Afghanistan.

tavyred

Isn’t she a dual national, Bangladeshi?

BTW rumours of a cabinet reshuffle this afternoon.

Mr Jinx

Cabinet reshuffle happening today apparently.

The shuffling of Titanic deck chairs imminent.

Papering over the cracks which have appeared after their tax hiking.

Grecian2K

BTW rumours of a cabinet reshuffle this afternoon.
What is the point of shuffling a pack that contains only knaves and jokers?

angelic upstart

I find it far more worrying that people can work full time and not earn enough money that the government see the need to provide them extra money.

Fair days work for a fair days pay etc.

Following on from this, there's a tale which albeit isn't entirely accurate but is indicative of what I mean by my post above. As a slight aside, I never realised PO's pay had fell so much under G4S/Serco !

Grecian2K

So it's time for Gavster-bye-byes...the man who made "Bad Education" a sad reality.

Back to selling fireplaces m'lad. Or perhaps a stint on the North Norfolk cabaret circuit as an Alan Partridge tribute act.

PS: Any truth in the rumour that Dominic Fairbrother-Raab is already eyeing offers as manager at a 50s themed holiday camp

tavyred

Promotions for Badenoch, Mordaunt and Gove hopefully.