• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
I suggest you read my post again, the rise of UKIP resulted from fears over the European migrant crisis and unfettered Eastern European immigration to the UK ( in contrast to the vast majority of EU countries that imposed available transition controls for 7 years ). No idea whether the press influences voters, or merely reflects their views, but anti-migrant and anti-EU front pages would sell copy, that is undeniable. Mrs May is very ‘clever’, and I believe her to be xenophobic and stated as much in my post, so nowt to do with anyone being clever enough to see through media rhetoric, Tav. The press and UKIP merely stoked the fires already burning within.
A rather simplistic view there from Elgin as is often the case with Remainers. No mention of sovereignty of course. No mention of Gordon Brown sneaking through the back door to sign the Lisbon treaty. The truth is things were much more nuanced (although immigration was a big player admittedly).

angelic upstart

We have our sovereignty, we have control of our borders. What now? What's the plan?

tavyred

We have our sovereignty, we have control of our borders. What now? What's the plan?
What a bizarre thing to say.
To quote the great Basil Fawlty, “Madam, what were you expecting to see through a Torquay hotel bedroom window?”.

angelic upstart

What a bizarre thing to say.
To quote the great Basil Fawlty, “Madam, what were you expecting to see through a Torquay hotel bedroom window?”.
Why is it bizarre? I'm merely asking, what the plan after Brexit is. A very reasonable question.

tavyred

Why is it bizarre? I'm merely asking, what the plan after Brexit is. A very reasonable question.
The ‘plan’ post Brexit is primarily not being in the EU.
That, in and of itself is enough for me.

angelic upstart

The ‘plan’ post Brexit is primarily not being in the EU.
That, in and of itself is enough for me.
So you basically want everything the same, just not being in the single market?

tavyred

So you basically want everything the same, just not being in the single market?
No, by definition leaving the EU means you have to change your plans.

angelic upstart

No, by definition leaving the EU means you have to change your plans.
So what now, what's the plan?

tavyred

So what now, what's the plan?
.......to address what specific issue are suggesting there isn’t a plan for?

angelic upstart

.......to address what specific issue are suggesting there isn’t a plan for?
All of it. I don't know any plans for anything. We have the same riles and regs and we appear to be running around the world getting trade deals with countries we once already had trade deals with, I fully understand there's an element of catch up with this as is reasonably expected.
What's happening with NI? The single farm payment? Fishing rights? Working time directive? I may easily have missed the plans for these, but I've no idea what they are.