• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe “the science” supports the view that there is a negligible health risk from this but after BSE I would want a lot of persuading on that.

It looks to me that the decision is based on money rather than public health and animal husbandry reasons.

What does Elgy think of his beloved EU on this one ?

IndoMike

:rolleyes:

By the way, perhaps you can point out some of the great Brexit successes so far....apart from the sudden uptake on waving the Union Jack....😂
This question to Ali went unanswered
Funny, the Brexiters can never answer such a simple question. I'll try again:

"Perhaps you can point out some of the great BREXIT successes, apart from the sudden uptake on waving the Union Jack".

No? No successes?

IndoMike

Were you allowed a vote Indo ?
I might decide to answer your questions when you decide to answer mine.

IndoMike

The Queen referred to Health Secretary Matt Hancock as "poor man" at a meeting with Boris Johnson.
"I've just been talking to your secretary of state for health, poor man. He came for Privy Council," she told the prime minister.
"He's full of...", she added. "Full of beans?", offered Mr Johnson.

Hahahaha!

Surely the Queen wasn't going to say "sh*t, was she? She'd be right, of course

tavyred

I might decide to answer your questions when you decide to answer mine.
Wrong question.
You and others said Brexit would be a disaster. Why hasn’t it been a disaster Mike? In the immediate aftermath of the referendum the discussion wasn’t about leave voters promising unparalleled economic prosperity, it was people like you predicting economic disaster. Why hasn’t that happened Indo. You chaps seemed to have shifted the goalposts to suit the so far benign economic outlook.

BTW, off the top of my head, I think we can safely say the UK’s vaccine procurement process outside of the EU efforts has been a success. 👍

Last edited:

tavyred

What does Elgy think of his beloved EU on this one ?
The unquestioning acolyte doesn’t think Al.

IndoMike

Wrong question.
You and others said Brexit would be a disaster. Why hasn’t it been a disaster Mike? In the immediate aftermath of the referendum the discussion wasn’t about leave voters promising unparalleled economic prosperity, it was people like you predicting economic disaster. Why hasn’t that happened Indo. You chaps seemed to have shifted the goalposts to suit the so far benign economic outlook.

BTW, off the top of my head, I think we can safely say the UK’s vaccine procurement process outside of the EU efforts has been a success. 👍
Right question.
Johnson and his ilk said BREXIT would be a great success. I'm simply asking for examples. It's a perfectly fair question.
But Ali avoids this type of question because he has no answer. Meanwhile, Tavers employs his usual deflection strategy and will never answer the question that was posed.
Your silences and lack of real response is proof that you know BREXIT is not a great success. Thank you. Silence is golden and tells all
Now, where were we? Oh yes, Northern Ireland. And oh, shortage of staff in many industries. And no significant trade deals.
Sad

IndoMike

Boris Johnson wrote a column in The Spectator some years ago in which he said that single mothers were "producing a generation of ill-raised, ignorant, aggressive and illegitimate children." (Since then at least one, and possibly two, of Johnson's children have been raised by single mothers.)

I neither agree with Johnson's feelings about kids born out of wedlock nor with his constant hypocrisy. The bloke really is a first- rate nasty arseh*le

IndoMike

"Backbenchers aren’t happy. They already don’t trust Hancock with the powers he has. “Do I want the Secretary of State to have even more power? What do you think?” laughs one, bitterly. “Why are they overhauling the NHS right now? It’s going to take up so much time and energy when my constituents are sitting on waiting lists. What are they thinking?”
(Not from the Guardian)

So Hancock wants almighty power over the NhS.Isn't that a bit like giving a box of matches to a 5 yr old
I'm tellin' ya. If you live in England don't get ill.

tavyred

Right question.
Johnson and his ilk said BREXIT would be a great success. I'm simply asking for examples. It's a perfectly fair question.
But Ali avoids this type of question because he has no answer. Meanwhile, Tavers employs his usual deflection strategy and will never answer the question that was posed.
Your silences and lack of real response is proof that you know BREXIT is not a great success. Thank you. Silence is golden and tells all
Now, where were we? Oh yes, Northern Ireland. And oh, shortage of staff in many industries. And no significant trade deals.
Sad
Brexit won’t be deemed a success or failure after just 6 months.
Where we can make an immediate judgment is about those (like you?) who predicted an immediate negative effect on the U.K. economy.
It hasn’t happened Indo has it? 🤷‍♂️