• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is the right answer.

The LDs are beyond irrelevant.
If the LD's and their 21,500 votes are irrelevant, what does that make Labour with their 622?

Bunter should be a bit worried this morning, but I'd probably be more so if I was Kier.

All eyes now on Batley. Labour must be praying they hold it. And I think they can, but they're fighting battles on all fronts there where the Tories aren't.

tonykellowfan

George Galloway standing in the seat has probably done for Labour.

Grecian2K

Reckon this might be worthy of an echo on the Politics thread as well.
Seven people have been charged with electoral offences in relation to the 'missing' loan.

#moredodgytories

IndoMike

Makes me laugh the reaction of our Tory friends whose party managed to overturn a 16000 majority to an 8,000 defeat..
Their first words....
" But Labour blah blah blah..."...
😂😂🙄

dontpassback

Boris is spending so much time on levelling up the red wall,people in the south are getting cheesed off,HS2 and lax planning won’t end well for the tories,so expect snake oil gove to be getting ready for a challenge to boris

IndoMike

Ireland Protocol.
Boris, you oaf. You really don't know what you're doing, do you.

"At prime minister's questions the DUP's Sir Jeffrey Donaldson asked Mr Johnson to confirm that the passing of the EU Withdrawal Act and the NI Protocol has not resulted in an implied repeal of Article 6 of the Act of Union, which enables NI to trade freely with the rest of the U.K.

Sir Jeffrey continued: "Will he commit to fully restoring Northern Ireland's place with the UK's internal market?"
Mr Johnson replied: "Yes, of course Mr Speaker I can give assurances on both those counts."
In a statement the unionist politicians, who include former DUP leader Arlene Foster, said: "It could not be clearer; the prime minister is repudiating any idea that Art 6 of the Acts of Union is impliedly repealed by the Withdrawal Act and protocol.
"Yet, such repeal is precisely what his government argued in court."
Their solicitor has written to the court asking for the prime minister's comments to be placed before the judge so that they "might be considered in his evaluation of a key argument made by the respondents".

BBC

elginCity

Ireland Protocol.
Boris, you oaf. You really don't know what you're doing, do you.
No leading Brexiter ever found a solution to this intractable problem, and so they ignored it, pushed ahead blindly, full of piffle and waffle.

People still believe this shower will deliver in all other areas of thier life too, which is an incredible act of trust and faith when you think about it. Beggars belief.

IndoMike

No leading Brexiter ever found a solution to this intractable problem, and so they ignored it, pushed ahead blindly, full of piffle and waffle.

People still believe this shower will deliver in all other areas of thier life too, which is an incredible act of trust and faith when you think about it. Beggars belief.
You're definitely preaching to the converted with that one, Elgin. I too find the support for Johnson and his rabble of incompetent ministers absolutely incomprehensible.
This really is a case of "they're making it all up as they go along". Their governance is not guided by ethics, morals, consistency, vision or mission. It's back of fag pocket.
policy. Now they're talking about binning the house-building project because they got hammered in the latest by-election and they think NIMBY was the cause. And yet the house-building was part of their (supposed) levelling up fantasy.
They can't stick to their convictions because they don't have any.
Now Ireland is starting to unravel.
What the bloody hell next?
Hoping and praying the tide is turning against the feckers. Please people : wake up!

elginCity

Now Ireland is starting to unravel.
What the bloody hell next?
Hoping and praying the tide is turning against the feckers. Please people : wake up!
Unravelling, indeed.

"By the way, I have been wondering what the special place in hell looks like for those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan how to carry it out safely." - Donald Tusk 2019.

Remember the furore in response ? Note not one leading Brexiter corrected Tusk by revealing that there was a plan. Tusk was right, there was never a plan, they've winged it throughout. Yet people support them still. Beggars belief.

“I think that what he has said is pretty unacceptable and pretty disgraceful” - Andrea Leadsom, leading Brexiter.

"It’s this sort of arrogance that drives antipathy towards the EU. We are a country that upholds the result of democratic votes. Our EU partners need to respect that.” - Matt Hancock, the 'genius'.

“deliberately provocative [and] very disrespectful” - Arlene Foster (Retd.)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
On the Government's recent by-election kicking..............

In a political column today, Dominic Grieve is quoted as referring to the Chesham and Amersham voters as "a sophisticated electorate".

The columnist observes that Mr. G presumably regards the voters at nearby Beaconsfield, who gave him the boot at the last GE, as a load of oiks.