• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
"David Cameron was on Thursday told that his persistent lobbying of ministers, begging for favours on behalf of the controversial bank he worked for, had “demeaned” the position of the prime minister and left his “reputation in tatters”.

The former PM was forced to deny that his text message and WhatsApp lobbying campaign on behalf of Greensill Capital was driven by fears that an “opportunity to make a large amount of money was at risk”.

But Cameron says he did not do all of this under the table begging on behalf of a later to be disgraced conman for himself, nor for the 60m he stood to gain.
HE DID IT FOR THE COUNTRY !!
😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

IndoMike

"For the moment, however, the current conflict provides some protection. “Netanyahu is exactly where he wants to be, in the middle of a major crisis, where you don’t want to change the prime minister,” Mitchell Barak, a political analyst based in Jerusalem, told the New York Times. “Everything’s wide open.”

The world we live in. A corrupt, immoral leader (Netanyahu) is prepared to provoke a major conflict causing hundreds of deaths simply to hang on to power and try to avoid imprisonment. That was always the worry with Trump.
It's ironic that the autocrats now seem even more brazen with their devious schemes, even with so much scrutiny via all kinds of mass media. Perhaps it's exactly because there is so much chatter that their evil actions go unpunished : there's always a new evil/corrupt act the next day to chatter about.

tavyred

Like Colombo before me, just one more thing. Today is the day I’ve officially realised I’m a dinosaur!
Some bloke called Beckett some top bod at Unite union wrote a tweet about Priti Patel and the old bill are investigating he’s been Suspended bythe Labour Party, and I read it and didn’t get the racism in it.
Then you’re clearly in need of quite basic diversity training AU.
Just read the apology of the man in question, the language used was problematic to say the least.

IndoMike

"Dodgy Dave" by Skinner... (y)

IndoMike

It’s classic Indo Al, he’s asked a question he can’t be bothered to do the work on himself. If he could get past wanting to score rhetorical points, he’d understand that the point he’s desperate to make has been conceded and called irrelevant by myself and DB. In short, in true ‘loser’ fashion he’s adding up the votes of those who didn’t vote Tory in Hartlepool with those who couldn’t be bothered to vote at all and making the argument that the Tories aren’t that popular after all.
Desperate stuff really. 🙄
So, can you tell me what percentage of the Hartlepool electorate voted for the amazingly popular Tory candidate in Hartlepool?
Surely you should be proud to spread the good news..
Funny you call me a "loser", yet you don't have the ballz to answer a simple question because you know if you do it will prove you wrong...
The Tavader...

Well, all I'm doing is giving you the opportunity to show how amazingly popular the Tory party is, as you claim.
Perhaps you're waiting for some moral support to appear..... to save your bacon. I'm sure the right wing cavalry will show up soon to try and bale you out.
But it won't work...I'm only interested in the Tavader's response.

tavyred

Indo.
You’ve only posed this question in order to make a point, it’s only fair you do the work yourself by answering the question and then go on and make your (albeit irrelevant) point.
I’ve already said that you can’t gauge popularity by adding in those who don’t vote, I don’t think there’s much more I can say on this matter.

angelic upstart

Then you’re clearly in need of quite basic diversity training AU.
Just read the apology of the man in question, the language used was problematic to say the least.
I wasn't being political or anything. He wrote a tweet which I couldn't get why it was racist. That's all. I guess my point was, times have moved on and despite thinking I have, I haven't. Probably means I'll be slowly become a staunch conservative.

tavyred

I wasn't being political or anything. He wrote a tweet which I couldn't get why it was racist. That's all. I guess my point was, times have moved on and despite thinking I have, I haven't. Probably means I'll be slowly become a staunch conservative.
On the contrary, it’ll probably mean you’ll slowly become a staunch Labourite. The way the British left is acting at the moment, the problem of racism is shifting from its traditional home of right wing politics and finding a new home in the Labour Party.

DB9

Perhaps more socially Conservative?

IndoMike

Indo.
You’ve only posed this question in order to make a point, it’s only fair you do the work yourself by answering the question and then go on and make your (albeit irrelevant) point.
I’ve already said that you can’t gauge popularity by adding in those who don’t vote, I don’t think there’s much more I can say on this matter.
Tavader Tavader Tavader .....sigh
I'm very disappointed that you could not find the strength to answer my question.
And yes, of course I was trying to make a point (.. .not score a point). Aren't we all?
Never mind. Go for a nice long walk on the moor and shake off some of the cobwebs dangling from your brow.
Alas, poor Tavrick!