• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
The foreign secretary Dominic Raab has issued a warning to Russia about sheltering those behind ransomware attacks.

Putin will just laugh at that because he knows that we don't have the ballz to follow up with any meaningful response .
Why don't we just do the same to the Russkies but escalate it. Give them some of their own medicine. Raabs whimpering will have zero effect.

What exactly is the action you would propose Mike ?

Send a gunboat ?

IndoMike

How Tory boy you all are
I ask a simple question and you're all too afraid to answer. I shall bookmark these pages. A historic day : the day the Tory boys clammed up.
PS. Actually it's definitely not the first time our Tory boy friends have headed for the hills, hidden behind curtains and put a lampshade on their heads to avoid having to give an answer which doesn't suit their argument. Or even hidden in fridges or toilets 🙄😂.

Alistair20000

How Tory boy you all are
I ask a simple question and you're all too afraid to answer. I shall bookmark these pages. A historic day : the day the Tory boys clammed up.
PS. Actually it's definitely not the first time our Tory boy friends have headed for the hills, hidden behind curtains and put a lampshade on their heads to avoid having to give an answer which doesn't suit their argument. Or even hidden in fridges or toilets 🙄😂.
What precisely is the question to be answered Indo ?

Not that I am a member of the Conservative party .

Mr Jinx

Send a gunboat ?
Talking of gunboats, Macron is still trying to get tough on fishing and our waters, using Financial Services as a make weight. The fool.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster

Send a gunboat ?
We should have a massive clampdown on all the dirty Russian money in London. Kick them all out, including Abramovich.

tavyred

What precisely is the question to be answered Indo ?

Not that I am a member of the Conservative party .
It’s classic Indo Al, he’s asked a question he can’t be bothered to do the work on himself. If he could get past wanting to score rhetorical points, he’d understand that the point he’s desperate to make has been conceded and called irrelevant by myself and DB. In short, in true ‘loser’ fashion he’s adding up the votes of those who didn’t vote Tory in Hartlepool with those who couldn’t be bothered to vote at all and making the argument that the Tories aren’t that popular after all.
Desperate stuff really. 🙄

tavyred

Just an opinion. Just a meaningless trope. A Tory slogan. Empty words. Etonian claptrap.
Oops, I missed this gem. 😄
Look Mike, I’ve been saying to you and others for a couple of years now that the problem for progressives is that the folks you need to vote for your brand of politics again are socially conservative.
You either believe that inconvenient political reality or you don’t. I can lead a horse to water, but I can’t make him drink. 🤷‍♂️

Alistair20000

It’s classic Indo Al, he’s asked a question he can’t be bothered to do the work on himself. If he could get past wanting to score rhetorical points, he’d understand that the point he’s desperate to make has been conceded and called irrelevant by myself and DB. In short, in true ‘loser’ fashion he’s adding up the votes of those who didn’t vote Tory in Hartlepool with those who couldn’t be bothered to vote at all and making the argument that the Tories aren’t that popular after all.
Desperate stuff really. 🙄
Our colonial cousin certainly comes across as a potentially desperate character trying to find a crumb of comfort amidst all the wreckage of his political hopes and aspirations.

As for those who did not vote, you ignore them in looking at the result. Simples.

Oh, the Tory got 51.9% of the votes cast in the Hartlepool by election last week. Now what was the Leave % vote in 2016 ? I have put this in to save the lazy Indo from looking it up. I spoon feed him quite a lot. :)

Mr Jinx

Our colonial cousin certainly comes across as a potentially desperate character trying to find a crumb of comfort amidst all the wreckage of his political hopes and aspirations.
It's not just Indo though (I'll take your word for it as I don't see his posts), the Guardian has also been busy dressing up last week's turd sandwich:

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster

As for those who did not vote, you ignore them in looking at the result. Simples.

Oh, the Tory got 51.9% of the votes cast in the Hartlepool by election last week. Now what was the Leave % vote in 2016 ? I have put this in to save the lazy Indo from looking it up. I spoon feed him quite a lot. :)
Mike should be more exercised by the question as to why the Labour candidate only attracted 12% of the total electorate.

I guess the other 88% are all thick, gullible and closet racists.