• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Here we go again. Let's construct an alternative reality and say how dreadful it is. Pack it in why don't you...
None so blind, as those who refuse to see. 🤷‍♂️

tavyred

While you've been away, art, Tavares has been repeatedly 'labouring' the same jibe, like a one-trick pony! :LOL:
If an innate truth is worth saying once, its worth saying multiple times Elgy. đź‘Ť

Rosencrantz

No failing Grayling in there or have I missed him ? Easily missable
He went to the wrong address 🙂

angelic upstart

No.
I’m suggesting that all too often a quite innocent vote for Brexit or indeed sometimes for just having the temerity to vote Tory, illicit’s a response from those on the left to the effect that these people are gammons, thick, racist and xenophobic for voting that particular way. You do get that some cries of racism and the rest are made maliciously Mike? In fact its become a favourite tactic of those on the British left, hence why in part Labour is struggling.
It's endemic on social media, and I find it embarrassing to read. Oddly, the right need this loud, rambunctious little posse as they tend to also shout loudest for the issues that the average person on the street doesn't give a **** about and they can just call everything "the left" even though it's only a tiny part of it. Tiresome stuff for the ordinary moderate.

elginCity

No failing Grayling in there or have I missed him ? Easily missable
Could be mistaken, Al, but isn't he the one sitting on the right fist of Jacob Rees-Mogg ?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Forgive my butting in but I would concur it is has been a regular refrain from many in the devout remain corner, that those who voted for Brexit were (are) universally thick and stupid.

I am not for a moment saying that is a view shared or promoted by anyone on here but it is a common approach that I see in wider comments on Brexit, whether it be on social media or in the comments sections on newspaper websites.

Mr Jinx

How? He's sat and sniped from the sidelines and that's about it. He's a famous version of everyone on this thread, but probably more hypocritical.
Who then has had more influential pray tell? Tony Blair probably. Other than that, I can't think of one.

arthur

It's endemic on social media, and I find it embarrassing to read. Oddly, the right need this loud, rambunctious little posse as they tend to also shout loudest for the issues that the average person on the street doesn't give a **** about and they can just call everything "the left" even though it's only a tiny part of it. Tiresome stuff for the ordinary moderate.
Couldn't agree more. Tiresome is the word

tavyred

Art.
It looks my alternative reality is shared by others.
Let’s be honest here, the “fools being lead by dark forces” narrative has been an almost constant refrain of the remainer left these past few years.

Spoonz Red E

Forgive my butting in but I would concur it is has been a regular refrain from many in the devout remain corner, that those who voted for Brexit were (are) universally thick and stupid.

I am not for a moment saying that is a view shared or promoted by anyone on here but it is a common approach that I see in wider comments on Brexit, whether it be on social media or in the comments sections on newspaper websites.
You've qualified it right there.

I rarely get far on comment sites or social media sites because, like AU, I'm tired of the pretence that it's a mirror to real life.
'Gammons' v 'Luftwaffe'
'Fascists' v 'Libtards'
'Brexiters' v 'Remoaners'

Overheightened and unreliable stuff.

That's why I think all the polls often quoted on here only serve to demonstrate the extreme volatility of the electorate and the shallowness of the pool into which any thrown pebble causes ripples.