• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would love to see actual corroboration of this story - I can find absolutely nothing on line.
And even you own beloved leader is admitting to "teething troubles" in this, and many other, aspect of Brexit.
Still, in your cosy little world EVERYTHING is bound to be someone elses fault.
As I understand it the Irish need to be a tad careful as Stormont gets to vote on the continuance of the Irish protocol every four years, so let’s hope they behave themselves.

Rosencrantz

As I understand it the Irish need to be a tad careful as Stormont gets to vote on the continuance of the Irish protocol every four years, so let’s hope they behave themselves.

It's almost as if we have left a Customs Union 😉

DB9

He said 'diminishing' freedom. Today, if somebody wants to sell their council house and buy a retirement villa in Spain they need proof of income around £30k to qualify for a third country retirement visa. No problem for those with means, but for those without, it is a diminishing of their freedom. For what ?
Surely if you want to live in another country you have to have means?

Rosencrantz

It never used to be...

...but times change I guess. Seeking your fortunes elsewhere has never been an easy ride.

Alistair20000

I read between the lines and assumed that you supported the end of freedom of movement. If this is not the case then I apologise and withdraw my remark.
No apology needed.

I believe every country should decide who it lets in and who it does not let in.

DB9

It never used to be...

View attachment 5189

...but times change I guess. Seeking your fortunes elsewhere has never been an easy ride.
Nope it never use to be but times have changed, The "£10 Poms" of the 60's & 70's going to Australia and New Zealand for example are long gone, Countries are not now crying out for people per say, They want those that can benefit their country, That is why criteria's have to be met.

elginCity

Of course, but the bar is set much higher for a third country retiree to Spain. Free movement means as an EU citizen you only need to prove income of around 7.5k euros to retire in Spain, 30k euros if you’re from Canada, Oz, US, UK etc.

DB9

Of course, but the bar is set much higher for a third country retiree to Spain. Free movement means as an EU citizen you only need to prove income of around 7.5k euros to retire in Spain, 30k euros if you’re from Canada, Oz, US, UK etc.
Unfortunately that is what the country (52%) chose and we have to live with that.

Mr Jinx

Leader of Labour in Scotland, Richard Leonard, unexpectedly quit today only 5 months before the elections there.

He obvious thought he was wasting his time, and he's right: they've lost Scotland for good.

DB9

Leader of Labour in Scotland, Richard Leonard, unexpectedly quit today only 5 months before the elections there.

He obvious thought he was wasting his time, and he's right: they've lost Scotland for good.
No, He was a Corbyn man, Slowly but surely Starmers moving Corbyn's lot to one side.