• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Your fatuous comment about sammiges notwithstanding, it seems that the scales are even beginning to fall from the eyes of those former poster-people of Brexit, the fisherfolk!
(The Westcountry fish merchants have also been on the local news recently as well, bemoaning the sudden rafts of bureaucracy suddenly impeding their ability to actually sell all of these wonderful, free-market, catches they can now make.)
Brexit news: Boris accused of sabotaging Scottish fishing industry with 'atrocious' deal | Politics | News | Express.co.uk
And the article is in the usually rabidly pro-Brexit Excess...so it MUST be true!!! :ROFLMAO:

But hey, it's ALL down to Covid, innit.
Fisherfolk don't quite make it above the 1% (so Remainiacs kept telling us). And besides, they're Scottish. <titter>

I always laugh too whenever the Left bring up any iota of the City that moves to other parts of the EU. According to the Guardian, it's now a bad thing if their one time nemesis gets negatively affected in any way.

Like I say, they're constantly eating themselves up over lots of things.

IndoMike

Your fatuous link about sammiges notwithstanding, it seems that the scales are even beginning to fall from the eyes of those former poster-people of Brexit, the fisherfolk!
(The Westcountry fish merchants have also been on the local news recently as well, bemoaning the sudden rafts of bureaucracy suddenly impeding their ability to actually sell all of these wonderful, free-market, catches they can now make.)
Brexit news: Boris accused of sabotaging Scottish fishing industry with 'atrocious' deal | Politics | News | Express.co.uk
And the article is in the usually rabidly pro-Brexit Excess...so it MUST be true!!! :ROFLMAO:

But hey, it's ALL down to Covid, innit.
It's Starmer's fault !!

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

IndoMike

Oooo! I thought BREXIT was oven ready..

arthur

The Dutch weren't so picky in 1944 I'm guessing. :)
All you need to know about Brexit in one short post....

tavyred

You’re right to flag up a not widely known aspect of the Nazi German occupation in the Netherlands during the last war. I take it that was the point you’re making? 👍

Last edited:

tavyred

All you need to know about Brexit in one short post....
It was admittedly flippant post art, but I also thought it a had certain ironic truth about it as well.

arthur

It was admittedly flippant post art, but I also thought it a had certain ironic truth about it as well.
And what ironic truth might that be? "We saved the Europeans from Fascist domination and now they're bossing us about".
As I said, this is Brexit in a nutshell.

IndoMike

It's Van de Starmer's fault!

tavyred

Art.
The irony is that not long ago the Dutch were relying on Britain and its allies to free them from mainland European far right depots and here we are now where Dutch officials are laughing at British truck drivers as they confiscate their ham sammidges.
You’ve made your point about Brexit being primarily a decision based on an embarrassing British superiority borne
out of 20th century wars before.
I don’t agree with the importance you put on that point. It certainly didn’t influence my vote, or anyone else I know.

IndoMike

Despite the obvious trauma that the Dutch experienced during the time they were colonized by the Nazis and the hunger they suffered, they did not seem to learn many lessons and at the end of the war thought they could stroll back into the Dutch East Indies and resume their exploitation of the islands and colonial rule. Unfortunately for them they got their arses whipped by what was to become Indonesia and had to surrender. Karma. Took a bit longer to sort them out in South Africa.
Just FYI Indonesia now has good relations with the Netherlands