• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
And so, we're in our second week of full Brexit and I'm still waiting for the pound to collapse.

I'm currently looking to buy an expensive piece of musical equipment and the best price I could find is coming from Germany. Well, it suddenly got £50 cheaper overnight. I'll now be putting its procurement off by a month or two as I'm expecting it to come down by another hundred, at least.

Project Fear debunked yet again.
Early days yet Jinxster.

arthur

And so, we're in our second week of full Brexit and I'm still waiting for the pound to collapse.

I'm currently looking to buy an expensive piece of musical equipment and the best price I could find is coming from Germany. Well, it suddenly got £50 cheaper overnight. I'll now be putting its procurement off by a month or two as I'm expecting it to come down by another hundred, at least.

Project Fear debunked yet again.
Yes, Mr Jinx is Everyman. He is so typical of this country that whatever happens to him is indicative of what is happening to the country as a whole. His job prospects have improved and his musical equipment is cheaper. Ergo, all arguments against leaving the EU are invalid:cool:

elginCity

Appears Sterling is strengthening on the back of comments from BoE Guv re delay of negative interest rate due to the proposed speedy vaccination rollout.

If top 4 vulnerable groups are vaccinated by Feb 15th - as pledged - then credit should go to the government and PHE.

Mr Jinx

Early days yet Jinxster.
Maybe, but it's now over 4 years on since we were warned our house prices would all fall 17%.

The avg price was £210k at the time. It is now £256k. That's an increase of 21.5%. That's a difference of 38.5%. I believe the forecasts came from the BOE - experts eh!.

Alistair20000

Maybe, but it's now over 4 years on since we were warned our house prices would all fall 17%.

The avg price was £210k at the time. It is now £256k. That's an increase of 21.5%. That's a difference of 38.5%. I believe the forecasts came from the BOE - experts eh!.
I view certain classes of all expert with a degree of scepticism .

Mr Jinx

Yes, Mr Jinx is Everyman. He is so typical of this country that whatever happens to him is indicative of what is happening to the country as a whole. His job prospects have improved and his musical equipment is cheaper. Ergo, all arguments against leaving the EU are invalid:cool:
I'm guessing that 99% of people struggling out there at the moment are in that boat because of China (Covid), not the EU (Brexit).

That said, the latter hasn't done lorry drivers' sarnies any favours!

Dutch border officials confiscate ham sandwiches from UK lorry drivers: ‘Welcome to the Brexit’ | Evening Standard

Alistair20000

I'm guessing that 99% of people struggling out there at the moment are in that boat because of China (Covid), not the EU (Brexit).

That said, the latter hasn't done lorry drivers' sarnies any favours!

Dutch border officials confiscate ham sandwiches from UK lorry drivers: ‘Welcome to the Brexit’ | Evening Standard
Drivers may have to buy Dutch sammidges then. Wonder if Dutch drivers take back the great British sammidge and have them confiscated. :unsure:

tavyred

The Dutch weren't so picky in 1944 I'm guessing. :)

lamrobhero

The Dutch weren't so picky in 1944 I'm guessing. :)
See Wikipedia

Dutch famine of 1944–45

Grecian2K

Your fatuous link about sammiges notwithstanding, it seems that the scales are even beginning to fall from the eyes of those former poster-people of Brexit, the fisherfolk!
(The Westcountry fish merchants have also been on the local news recently as well, bemoaning the sudden rafts of bureaucracy suddenly impeding their ability to actually sell all of these wonderful, free-market, catches they can now make.)
Brexit news: Boris accused of sabotaging Scottish fishing industry with 'atrocious' deal | Politics | News | Express.co.uk
And the article is in the usually rabidly pro-Brexit Excess...so it MUST be true!!! :ROFLMAO:

But hey, it's ALL down to Covid, innit.