• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, of course!
He's a very confused soul. I remember he was pro Corbyn, then went through a phase of being Anti Corbyn, before turning pro again.

Then there was the hissy fit toy throwing SkyNews Press Preview incident that left me, and no doubt others, completely bemused. I couldn't really see where he was coming from except he was caught up in his own little world. Something along the lines of 'you're not gay, so how could possibly understand'. He managed to get Mark Longhurst fired though over it, which was sad. And that's pretty much the trans argument in a nutshell. It's almost arguing for the sake of arguing; bored of picking fights with the opposite side, it's (nit) picking fights with those actually on your side.

Anyway, I digress somewhat. All that aside, it was joyous seeing his reaction to the GE exit polls this time last year. If memory serves, he found some solace with the 'well, we did win the argument' shtick.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Owen is part of the reason for the huge disconnect from many traditional(former)Labour voters in the midlands & north.
Fad Politics of the far left lets down the people who they should be traditionally looking out for.

Interesting mentioning about his dislike & criticism of JC.
Owen Jones did a couple of podcasts on Twitter,
Corbyn got a panning(long before the election defeat) before a bit of a love in..Very odd.

arthur

I think poor Owen came off very much second best from this encounter

DB9

Wish Private Pike (Gavin Williamson) would show a bit of humillity and realise the vaccine is a joint effort.

"An exasperated sigh sums up the reaction from a number of European capitals to the vaccine victory proclamations of some British government ministers. Education Secretary Gavin Williamson’s sweeping assessment that the UK is a “better” country than many of its allies was seen as particularly bold.
One senior diplomat told me he was delighted Britons would soon be receiving the vaccine, but that “someone should remind Mr Williamson that the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine was created by a German company, founded by scientists of Turkish origin, in partnership with an American distributor, and is being manufactured in Belgium before being transported across France to reach the UK”.

And not because "We're the better country"

arthur

Wish Private Pike (Gavin Williamson) would show a bit of humillity and realise the vaccine is a joint effort.

"An exasperated sigh sums up the reaction from a number of European capitals to the vaccine victory proclamations of some British government ministers. Education Secretary Gavin Williamson’s sweeping assessment that the UK is a “better” country than many of its allies was seen as particularly bold.
One senior diplomat told me he was delighted Britons would soon be receiving the vaccine, but that “someone should remind Mr Williamson that the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine was created by a German company, founded by scientists of Turkish origin, in partnership with an American distributor, and is being manufactured in Belgium before being transported across France to reach the UK”.

And not because "We're the better country"
He and Laura Kuenssberg have got through to the 2020 finals of "Who is the most overpromoted person in this country" against some very stiff competition, it has to be said (Kath Viner, Guardian editor, is in the third place play offs)

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Red Wall opinion poll

Lab 47 +8
Con 41 -7
LD 3 -2

Change with last yrs election.

Small sample yes, 4 yrs to go yes but there's a lot of very small majorities.

arthur

Red Wall opinion poll

Lab 47 +8
Con 41 -7
LD 3 -2

But when Starmer refuses to back Johnson's marvellous deal the Tories will surge back into the lead (apparently):cool:

DB9

Red Wall opinion poll

Lab 47 +8
Con 41 -7
LD 3 -2

Can't see anything else other than a Lib Dem landslide! :)

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't see anything else other than a Lib Dem landslide! :)
LD's are a joke. Utterly failed to move on from Swinson. Not offering anything distinctive, just asking for even more money to be spent than Labour are. They even tore into the 'Green Agenda' published the other week and said it wasn't green enough - when most sage commentators said it was far too ambitious, costly and some of it was pipe dreams.

They should be making real headway with Tory anger in the South and Labour's unerring Metropolitan bias. They are often less than the Farage mob, that don't formally exist any more!

DB9

LD's are a joke. Utterly failed to move on from Swinson. Not offering anything distinctive, just asking for even more money to be spent than Labour are. They even tore into the 'Green Agenda' published the other week and said it wasn't green enough - when most sage commentators said it was far too ambitious, costly and some of it was pipe dreams.

They should be making real headway with Tory anger in the South and Labour's unerring Metropolitan bias. They are often less than the Farage mob, that don't formally exist any more!
Think the Tories are winning in the spending stakes, Which will still have to be paid back down the line sometime. You're right though the LD's are irrellivent at the moment. I must admit when it came to their "Green Credentials" i found them total hypocrites, For example while the national LD's were asking for more wind turbines etc, The local LD's in N Devon were fighting anyone who wanted to build one. Swinson was their worst leader running into a GE ever IMHO.