• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm almost certain that foreign vessels will be given limited quotas but Macron wants to sail into our sovereign waters totally unhindered. DB, it's seems to be a case of heads you win, tails I lose as everyone's favourite go-to is the Graun (there'll be another link along in a minute) while the qaulity right-of-centre press like the Times, Telegraph and the Spectator's paywalls leave me high and dry. This leaves the Daily Fail and it's "remainer" editor Geordie Greig ("following Lord Rothermere's orders" he says) or the Sun which sadly seems to run stories on the death/murder of children or boring showbusiness news. So, I'm left to looking to where I can find anything of use. This was pretty good at the time... https://order-order.com/2020/07/27/bbc-finally-admits-panorama-did-breach-standards/

Arthur was partially right about British quotas being landed on European shores, but much of that is down to poor government help in the early 60's when many trawlers were denied their usual fishing areas when Iceland successfully brought about the 12 mile limit. Here's other links that's worth a dekko..

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/supertrawlers-14-times-size-uk-22700798

That's why I've said there will probably be a compromise so both sides don't lose face but neither side will really win.

elginCity

Every time I see a photograph of a government minister in their office, there are normally two large union flags prominently displayed.
Invariably two flags, for good reason, art - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery !

elginCity

Baroness Sugg just the latest to throw in the towel. Vote Leave - and they are !

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster

arthur

Invariably two flags, for good reason, art - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery !
Despite what Tavy pretends to believe I was genuinely curious as to whether "this flag behind the minister" look is a new one, or just one I hadn't noticed before. And if it is anew one, am I not entitled to be a little cynical about the motivation for such a policy?

(I'm now off to hide behind the sofa, as I find pictures of the union flag so upsetting)

Grecian2K

Baroness Sugg just the latest to throw in the towel. Vote Leave - and they are !
Borders on Madness!

Oldsmobile-88

Borders on Madness!
Beat me to it 😁...Just about to comment that seeing that name made me think about dancing around 😎

Rumour has it that she’s was worried about being a embarrassment

Spoonz Red E

Boris has got 'My Girl's Mad At Me' on rotation.

lamrobhero

From the Economist review of Obama memoir.

... "The hate-mongering on Fox News was the channel’s stock-in-trade. But what were Republican elites so afraid of? They said Mr Obama was dictatorial or radical. Yet the record he describes in his dispassionate yet fluid style suggests how untrue that was." ...

..."It seems likely that Republican leaders and donors obstructed Mr Obama so feverishly not because they genuinely thought he was an extremist, but because they knew that he was not. It was precisely his attempted bridge-building that was so threatening to them. Because it was at odds with the story they had been telling their voters about the left for a decade. And because, had Mr Obama pulled it off, it would have made his already powerful government hugely popular." ...

Barack Obama’s new memoir will give his former deputy little comfort - Behind a subscriber wall but I think non-subscribers get occasional freebies

arthur

From the Economist review of Obama memoir.

... "The hate-mongering on Fox News was the channel’s stock-in-trade. But what were Republican elites so afraid of? They said Mr Obama was dictatorial or radical. Yet the record he describes in his dispassionate yet fluid style suggests how untrue that was." ...

..."It seems likely that Republican leaders and donors obstructed Mr Obama so feverishly not because they genuinely thought he was an extremist, but because they knew that he was not. It was precisely his attempted bridge-building that was so threatening to them. Because it was at odds with the story they had been telling their voters about the left for a decade. And because, had Mr Obama pulled it off, it would have made his already powerful government hugely popular." ...

Barack Obama’s new memoir will give his former deputy little comfort - Behind a subscriber wall but I think non-subscribers get occasional freebies
Sounds good, but Tavy won't be reading it - Obama has been bullying people like him😎