• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just say BJ caves and sells the ERG down the river, Cummins leaving being the red meat thrown as sacrificial offering. What would your view be?
.....entirely to be expected! He's already sold the DUP down the river so the ERG can be next. After that the NRG and, who knows, the "Common Sense Group" (CSG) which does actually exist despite common sense being defined, by Albert Einstein no less, as "actually nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind prior to the age of eighteen. " (No doubt Tavy and Jinx are members)

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would you welcome it though Arthur, as a remainer - or would you prefer he sticks to his red lines and if that means WTO then so be it?

arthur

Would you welcome it though Arthur, as a remainer - or would you prefer he sticks to his red lines and if that means WTO then so be it?
To be perfectly honest Paul, and don't tell anyone, but I'm rather hoping for No Deal. This is what The People voted for apparently and I feel they should enjoy all the benefits of the decision they made

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be perfectly honest Paul, and don't tell anyone, but I'm rather hoping for No Deal. This is what The People voted for apparently and I feel they should enjoy all the benefits of the decision they made
Your secret is safe with me! (although I'm not sure it is what The People voted for)

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
The PM has moved quickly to replace Cummings and Cain

1605303103751.png

arthur

Your secret is safe with me! (although I'm not sure it is what The People voted for)
Asking the people if this is what they voted for would have been undemocratic and tantamount to spitting in the face of 17 million people apparently

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tbh no deal is the exact opposite promised and not what many voted for. A load of fairytale positives with no negatives was what a lot of people voted for. This isn't achieved through no deal or deal. Whatever happens there's gonna be lots of angry people on both sides

elginCity

Just say BJ caves and sells the ERG down the river, Cummins leaving being the red meat thrown as sacrificial offering. What would your view be?
If you mean caving in on the level playing field and agreeing to abide by ECJ rules, standards and oversight, I’d laugh reasonably hard as Al would say.

Unlike Art, the thought of Crispin Odious and the Tory backing hedge fund vultures cleaning up at our expense with a no deal, just leaves me cold.

Time for Johnson to put on his ‘big boy pants’ put on his tin hat and steer the UK into EFTA, level up the nation as a one nation Tory and lead us to a more secure and prosperous future. He might surprise us yet !

arthur

I see Cummings has yet to reply to an invitation to switch on the Barnard Castle Christmas lights....

tavyred

Suffice to say, I’m highly suspicious of the rumoured 2021 BJ reset.