• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Johnson describes Channel victims as "vulnerable people". A description that won't sit well so with the Faragists patrolling the beaches.

tavyred

The Johnson describes Channel victims as "vulnerable people". A description that won't sit well so with the Faragists patrolling the beaches.
No word about the ongoing clusterf**k on the french coast Elgy?
The UK Government would deservedly be getting pelters if they were presiding over the disaster we are seeing over there. I simply cannot imagine the Kent Police allowing hundreds of single men (and sometimes children) wandering around willy nilly just biding their time till an opportunity to enter another country illegally arises.
The French authorities in this regard, are an absolute disgrace.

Alistair20000

Despite the Dublin regulation enshrined bin EU law, France sees these asylum seekers/economic migrants as a UK problem and no business of theirs. I am sure the French authorities are delighted with every small boat that successfully gets through to our shores.

DB9

France’s shame.
Personally I think it's the whole of Europe's shame, Countries from the Balkans to the French coast just keep moving the migrants along so it isn't "Their problem" and seem to "Forget" that the first safe country is suppose to be the place where asylum seekers get their application processed. Unfortunately we are that last country in Europe because after us and Ireland there is only water.

fred binneys head

They don’t just keep moving the migrants along, they take in hundreds of thousands of migrants, the numbers we see risking their lives on a dinghy are a tiny proportion of those that reach Europe.

Most European countries (including France and Germany) take a huge number of migrants in. I wish the MSM would report this context more frequently than they do, rather than allowing people to assume they just wave them through to Calais and onto the channel.

tavyred

France doesn’t get a free ride on the human rights abomination on its coastline just because its takes in more than its fair share of immigrants elsewhere.

DB9

As of today, Up to 50m people have already voted in the US Presidential election, With just under a week to go I see the online "News" sites are really trying to dig dirt and influence people, It's getting very nasty.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another knife beheading in France, Nice this time. 3 dead. Thought to be terror related.

Appalling

DB9

Starmer has got to show real leadership on this, This happened not on his watch but now he's leader he's got to act.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Corbyn's Labour anti-Semitic?
Who'd have thunk it?

I wonder if the bearded one and his cronies will be suspended...