• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
My bad Elgy, I thought you’d declared a sympathy for one nation Toryism a few pages back. You know the Tory party of Heath, Major and.......Enoch Powell 😄.
Much misunderstood was old Enoch, ‘that speech’ somewhat obscured his liberal tendencies, liberal for a Tory anyway.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Spreadsheet Phil elevated to the Upper House yesterday; Lord Hammond of Runneymede

Sounds like a riverside pub, or one of those steamers that plies day trips up and down the Thames.

DB9

Spreadsheet Phil elevated to the Upper House yesterday; Lord Hammond of Runneymede

Sounds like a riverside pub, or one of those steamers that plies day trips up and down the Thames.
Well he can bore the old sods and biddys to sleep in the HOL's with his monotoned voice in his first speech.

Mr Jinx

You can label away to your heart's content, Tav. There is plenty of evidence on here to suggest you and Jinx support this current Government, whereas I don't.
I do, for now. Always looking out for Farage's next move however.

As is known, I did actually like some of the stuff Corbyn came out with. Until he started dicking around with Brexit that is, which overshadowed everything else. And as for Labour under Starmer...forget it, simply out of the question for me.

elginCity

I do, for now. Always looking out for Farage's next move however.
Revealing comment there, Jinxy. Do you also suspect a boxed-in Johnson sleight of hand should Biden be elected ? Only an EFTA-style option respects the referendum result, and the GFA, it would also likely ensure the Scots, Welsh and Irish stay on board (for now).

Cue Farage resurgam.

Mr Jinx

Revealing comment there, Jinxy. Do you also suspect a boxed-in Johnson sleight of hand should Biden be elected ? Only an EFTA-style option respects the referendum result, and the GFA, it would also likely ensure the Scots, Welsh and Irish stay on board (for now).

Cue Farage resurgam.
Anything can happen. It's a very fluid situation still; no done deals yet. Re Biden: I don't see him as say an Obama. I don't think Ol Sleepy will be locking the Churchill bust away. He probably won't know who he is anyway (until his wife reminds him).

Alistair20000

Anything can happen. It's a very fluid situation still; no done deals yet. Re Biden: I don't see him as say an Obama. I don't think Ol Sleepy will be locking the Churchill bust away. He probably won't know who he is anyway (until his wife reminds him).
It was once said that Ronald Reagan spent quite a lot of his presidency asleep. I think Sleepy Joe will be asleep most of the time unless the shock of winning sees him shuffle off this mortal coil.

elginCity

Now the £100 billion Operation Moonspaff has been quietly shelved, how's about feeding the kids....

DB9

Please FFS!! Go after the people smugglers!!! :mad::( RIP to those that have lost their lives.

tavyred

Please FFS!! Go after the people smugglers!!! :mad::( RIP to those that have lost their lives.

France’s shame.