• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

lamrobhero

You haven't sussed his new name yet ?? C'mon the posts are a dead giveaway.
I do not know if you mean me. But to help identification I can advise that I am a proud alumnus of Bradley Rowe School, Burnthouse Lane. Although it is a long time since I tried to dam the panny or spent the night of 4th/5th November under the stars in the company of bonfire fuel.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sounds like Barnier has come back to knock on the UK's door to resume talks. Which is hilarious.

angelic upstart

Sounds like Barnier has come back to knock on the UK's door to resume talks. Which is hilarious.
And the PM told them to FRO or words to that effect.

DB9

Its all willy waving at the moment.

angelic upstart

Its all willy waving at the moment.
It’s beyond pathetic, that’s what it is.

Everyone knows that the decisions have already been made over a pint at the 19th.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s beyond pathetic, that’s what it is.

Everyone knows that the decisions have already been made over a pint at the 19th.
Indeed.

The EU's modus operandi with every negotiaition is to miraculously find a solution in the middle of the night at the last possible moment. Cue bleary eyed champagne popping over the croissants in the cafes of Brussels.

And I still do not believe Johnson will walk away with "no deal". He surely, surely cannot want more short term chaos whatever the supposed long-term sunlit uplands are...

DB9

Indeed.

The EU's modus operandi with every negotiaition is to miraculously find a solution in the middle of the night at the last possible moment. Cue bleary eyed champagne popping over the croissants in the cafes of Brussels.

And I still do not believe Johnson will walk away with "no deal". He surely, surely cannot want more short term chaos whatever the supposed long-term sunlit uplands are...
Both sides will claim this and pop Champagne but in reality it will be a boring 0-0 draw.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Both sides will claim this and pop Champagne but in reality it will be a boring 0-0 draw.
I don't think the result will be boring. Either way there will be a lot of very cross people, whatever is agreed now.

Alistair20000

Indeed.

Assuming Brussels is not locked down of course with Champers and croissants chalked off. :)

elginCity

Since 2010 the Tories have doubled the national debt. Doubled it to £2 trillion. Austerity - so what was that all about ?