• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
For a second just now I read this thread title as "Boris is a Jock". That he ain't! :)

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
News clip this evening showing the Johnson in Exeter... firstly, trying and failing to tuck the end of his tie into his shirt, and secondly attempting to plane a piece of timber, like a chimp. Even more convinced this is all a part of the carefully cultivated 'Buffoon' persona, and it works, because people do actually vote for a buffoon.... on either side of the pond !

angelic upstart

What is it he is peddling?

angelic upstart

Incidentally, does anyone read the “week in Tory” on twitter from some twitter handle named Russ in Cheshire?

It’s the sort of thing that would have Al spinning in his comfy desk chair, assuming it’s accurate.

Colesman Ballz

For a second just now I read this thread title as "Boris is a Jock". That he ain't! :)
But into his "Hog man aye" whilst a member of the Bullingdon Club no doubt ! 😎

IndoMike

Watching Biden-Trump debate. Chris Wallace is the moderator : from FOX News but being fair and balanced
Trump as aggressive as ever and constantly interrupting. Lying a lot. Diverting. Now provoking Biden about his son
Biden trying to be civilised but getting drawn in at times.

The moderator incapable of controlling Trump, but I don't think anyone could. Trump totally ignoring pleas from moderator not to interrupt

Wouldn't say either either had landed a knock-out blow so far. Trump has defended himself strongly or evaded while Biden has come out with many good points which might get swallowed up by Trump's interruptions and hectoring.

Overall a score draw or a small points win for either candidate depending where your loyalty lies.

Last edited:

IndoMike

One thing is for sure. For the next debate a much stronger moderator is needed. Chris Wallace letting Trump getting away with murder near the end of the debate. Candidates were given 2 interrupted minutes to justify why voters should elect them, but Trump was allowed to interrupt after about a minute and Wallace could nothing about it.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Trump ends by saying there will be massive fraud in the election. Strongly implying that post-election it will take "months" to investigate and, whatever, the Supreme Court
will settle the dispute. Trump is urging his "people" to go the vote-counting and "monitor". Not in a million years will Trump accept a loss. It's not going to end well.

Last edited:

DB9

If that is the quality of the candidates for POTUS then god help America, That was awful and embbarrasing for a once great country. The Americans really need to look much deeper for candidates to represent their country.

tavyred

America is still a great country, what we're seeing is Churchill's comment on democracies ringing true in that democracy is the worst system of government, apart from all the rest.
For me the debate just reflected the massive divide there is in the US, Trump should get slaughtered for failing to condemn the White Supremacists, yet he won't because Biden inexplicably tried to convince us that 'Antifa' was "an idea" when everybody sensible knows they are ultra left wing thugs in human form.
If I were an American my takeaway would be that Biden is thankfully cognitively fit to be President and its finally time to end the Trump chaos.