• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
A ditty about Dennis Skinner is topping the charts. The Beast of Bolsover had been suspended from the Commons numerous times over the years for what was deemed 'unparliamentary language'. Once memorably calling Dodgy Dave Cameron - 'Dodgy Dave' was sufficient for him to be thrown out of the House for the day by Bercow.

Nowadays, of course, regular and blatant lying is deemed acceptable. Parliamentary standards these days, eh ?

angelic upstart

So by you saying this "
The royals shouldn’t rape children " it was wrong to do so ! He was actually asked by his mother to step down from some more public duties and quite rightly did so because him his parents and probably his legal advisers knew there would be idiots waiting for him to show his face and hurl abuse towards him.
Did I ever tell you that the earth is flat?

IndoMike

So Harry and Meghan taking to twitter and urging women voters to turn out in opposition to Trump isn't trying to influence voters ?
Trying to influence voters isn't the same as influencing them. Nobody gives a sh*te in America about what Harry and Meghan think, and why should they. In America they're just B grade talk show personalities. And I'm sorry to say that, because I always liked Harry. He should be in the UK doing good works , not farking around in America

IndoMike

I didn't say they could influence an election I said that their comments was made to Trump in a press conference, So imo a journalist asking Trump for his view on what was said makes it news worthy over there.
You liked Ali's list which was purely about H & M influencing.

DB9

You liked Ali's list which was purely about H & M influencing.
This what Al said and i quoted:

" Au contraire. There is a fascination with our Royal family in Uncle Sam. Even something as inconsequential as Princess Eugenie’s wedding was the most viewed TV item over there when it happened."

Nothing in that quote about influence, All Al said is the Yanks do have a fascination with our royals.

IndoMike

This what Al said and i quoted:

" Au contraire. There is a fascination with our Royal family in Uncle Sam. Even something as inconsequential as Princess Eugenie’s wedding was the most viewed TV item over there when it happened."

Nothing in that quote about influence, All Al said is the Yanks do have a fascination with our royals.
His "au contraire" was in response to me saying that they had no influence. So he was contradicting what I said = he thinks they do have influence.
You liked that post so you agree with him. If you can't speak French then you have an excuse.

DB9

His "au contraire" was in response to me saying that they had no influence. So he was contradicting what I said = he thinks they do have influence.
You liked that post so you agree with him. If you can't speak French then you have an excuse.
No I don't speak French as it happens, Hated it at school. Also I think many so called "Celeb" think they do have influence, You only have to look at their election in 2016 to see that, Whether people are influenced by them only those voters can tell you.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Labour takes 3pt lead in latest polls. First time Tories have been behind since Johnson became PM.

Rosencrantz

Labour takes 3pt lead in latest polls. First time Tories have been behind since Johnson became PM.
26 point deficit back in February, March time wasn't it? Only one poll that counts though and that's some way off yet.

Spoonz Red E

-26 to +3?
Levelling up.
Boris Johnson.
Promise kept.