• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

lamrobhero

Who do you think they are biased to lammy ? Genuine question.

I agree that some politician correspondents do present their opinion rather than report fact,forget their place & believe they are much more important than the politicians they question.

Empty chairing politicians if they decline to be interviewed(the public can make their own minds up why) is the worst thing that any broadcasters can do & perpetuates the myth that they are more important than anyone who decides against being part of the circus that a lot of these multi party debates have become at election time.
Sorry I worded my post a bit clumsily I do not think that the BBC are biased though I am still grappling with what an unbiased media outlet looks like.
I think that if you have strong journalism then your output will stand on its own merits, irrespective of whether politicians choose to engage. Some of MSNBC's coverage in the USA shows what is possible.
Maybe my real problem is that there is no "Guardian TV Channel". I mean even Putin has "Russia Today"

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Johnson is dangerous.
In the penalty box ?

If so sign him up.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

IndoMike

In lots of cases it's not even confirmed cases. People being sent home because they coughed a couple of times.

Parents are being told to keep their children at home if they have a cold. They might as well have the year off
Oh yeah? How do you know that?

Oldsmobile-88

My good lady was sent home from work against her will because she coughed once(no symptoms)& a Covid test was arranged.
It was ridiculous on her first day back after a weeks holiday.
If she was a ‘lead swinger’ it would have been ideal but she is not & had a lot of work planned that had to be cancelled.
I would imagine that is happening 1,000s of times across the NHS at the moment.

IndoMike

My good lady was sent home from work against her will because she coughed once(no symptoms)& a Covid test was arranged.
It was ridiculous on her first day back after a weeks holiday.
If she was a ‘lead swinger’ it would have been ideal but she is not & had a lot of work planned that had to be cancelled.
I would imagine that is happening 1,000s of times across the NHS at the moment.
Yes, Olds. I'm glad your lady is well
But anecdotal evidence and "imagining" is not very convincing . And what would you prefer : that the school takes a chance on infection spreading or send your lady home? How would you and she feel if she did have covid (heaven forbid) and was known to spread it? .There is also the question of legal responsibility. If a school does not take stringent precautions the local authority is exposed to serious complaints.
This is a global pandemic and will go down in history as a major event. It's not like somebody split their fingernail

IndoMike

As usual : doesn't have his eye on the ball
And sucks to you, Borisse.

Oldsmobile-88

Yes, Olds. I'm glad your lady is well
But anecdotal evidence and "imagining" is not very convincing . And what would you prefer : that the school takes a chance on infection spreading or send your lady home? How would you and she feel if she did have covid (heaven forbid) and was known to spread it? .There is also the question of legal responsibility. If a school does not take stringent precautions the local authority is exposed to serious complaints.
This is a global pandemic and will go down in history as a major event. It's not like somebody split their fingernail
She works in the NHS Mike.

My point is,as I believe the same one as manc is making.If people are sent home & told to isolate for a cough then this country is in real trouble.

The NHS test their staff fairly quickly to get them back,hopefully ASAP.
This was not the case a few months ago when if someone fancied a couple of weeks off self isolating they just coughed & said they felt ‘under the weather’ then they were usually daft enough to post fb photos of themselves out & about(I kid you not)

IndoMike

She works in the NHS Mike.

My point is,as I believe the same one as manc is making.If people are sent home & told to isolate for a cough then this country is in real trouble.

The NHS test their staff fairly quickly to get them back,hopefully ASAP.
This was not the case a few months ago when if someone fancied a couple of weeks off self isolating they just coughed & said they felt ‘under the weather’ then they were usually daft enough to post fb photos of themselves out & about(I kid you not)
Olds,
If as you say people were "skiving off" then clearly that's not a good thing, although who am I say to that - not having had to experience what many nurses have. I guess some were traumatised or exhausted
The problem is that someone with a cough may have covid or just a cough - probably the latter but you can't be sure. So then it's a question of what risk you are prepared to take. Obviously this problem becomes more prevalent in the cold and flu season.
The key has always been rapid testing, which the Govt has failed to implement..

manc grecian

First hand evidence