• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

arthur

This was interesting

IndoMike

This was interesting

Yes, it was interesting. The thing is that he could be idolised as a footballer but if he was waking down the street and nobody knew who he was he might have to suffer unpleasant experiences.

I remember reading about social experiments done in the classroom where for a day (for example) the kids were told to ignore anyone who was called John, or who had ginger hair or whatever, just to get across the idea that "special treatment" was not very pleasant.

tavyred

Absolutely. Imagine being Pienaar and having LK as your line manager! No wonder he left to join Times Radio
I've been quite impressed with Times Radio thus far. Seems balanced and less confrontational than its rivals. A much needed combination in these febrile time IMO.

elginCity

Following the slash n burn of the civil service, No 10 now planning to cut the armed forces by 20,000, and axe the Royal Marines.

Looking like there'll be an over reliance on young geeks, weirdos and misfits going forward.

arthur

Following the slash n burn of the civil service, No 10 now planning to cut the armed forces by 20,000, and axe the Royal Marines.

Looking like there'll be an over reliance on young geeks, weirdos and misfits going forward.

I wonder what "The People" will think of this. Personally I think it's an excellent idea. Over to you Tavers...

elginCity

I wonder what "The People" will think of this. Personally I think it's an excellent idea. Over to you Tavers...
All the while the EU army is beefing up right on our doorstep, many of the quiet people should be fuming.

The thought of an independent seafaring, global-trading, island nation without its sea soldiers, minesweepers and a diminished reactionary force
is also a worry to me, admittedly.

Alistair20000

All the while the EU army is beefing up right on our doorstep, many of the quiet people should be fuming.

The thought of an independent seafaring, global-trading, island nation without its sea soldiers, minesweepers and a diminished reactionary force
is also a worry to me, admittedly.
I can see the point of looking at cyber threats and gearing up to resist them but to my way of thinking chopping back conventional forces is at best risky and probably utter madness.

Did you mention geeks and weirdos ?

Legohead

Banned

and the surprise is?

elginCity

Did you mention geeks and weirdos ?
Weirdos, and misfits too, as mentioned by the PM, Dominic Cummings.