• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes Indo if I may call you that. True story. Not sure if the record for him as member on here is still up. Obvious multi account of course with Lionel, Stroudy and Swanny prime suspects. ;)
It's the quiet ones you have to watch out for, Alice Tare (may I call.you that?)

IndoMike

Tend to agree there (may I call you) Al.

Despite his views being total anathema to me the Great Curmudgeon did at least liven up Exeweb back in the day. He truly was the Lionel Messi of trolling and his input during Ye Greatte Brexitte Debate would have added great comedy to the bill.

Strange thing was that, when met face to face on away-days he seemed nothing like his Exeweb persona.
Loved ********, me .The cockney bard. Some of his work was worthy of Dickens

Alistair20000

Tbh, I always got on with him ok after that. I even asked him for some advice once by PM and got a good reply 😲. I wasn't on his hit list.
He was apparently a decent enough guy in the flesh (of which there was lots) but I never got to meet him. We were going to meet up in the pub before the Wimbledon away game in March 2013 but he got stuck in traffic on his way from his Essex lair.

Grecian2K

In early boost for Mr Starmer his supporters have already just won control of the Labour NEC as well in a series of separate elections. The revival starts here!!!

Alistair20000

It's the quiet ones you have to watch out for, Alice Tare (may I call.you that?)
You may indeed Indom ike

IndoMike

Thank you. You may call me whatever you like.

I think the only time a poster reared up on here when I used a shortened version of his name was one of my favourite referees Mr T Kettle. I posted something along the lines of “I am a big fan of your work with the whistle Trevor “ and received the curt reply: “It’s Mr Kettle to you”
What a kant!
You should have put him in his place.

Alistair20000

What a kant!
You should have put him in his place.
Nah, love Mr Kettle me ever since he gave us a very dodgy penalty.

IndoMike

Nah, love Mr Kettle me ever since he gave us a very dodgy penalty.
Weeeeelll. All right then.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, mate, I did drone on a bit, sorry about that, an emotive time and I'm very angry, hope you enjoyed your coffee. :)

I did, thank you sir. May I recommend Pure Gold by Douwe Egberts - you'll walk away thanking me. 😉

My ideal replacement would be Keir Starmer heading up a GNU, a government I'd trust to act in the national interest. You ?
I see you've got Keir Starmer who was, in my mind, the best candidate on account of his presentable looks. However, has he got any past form that might upset those who in the past I've called the "Quiet People?" Should the Tory press give these people so much as a sniff of former extremist hanky-panky he could be on a downer come voting time.

I see Robert Buckland as a rising star.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
You got off lightly If that was the worst The Great Curmudgeon called you.

The miserable, fat fecker once called me ass wipe. The funny thing was that I took it as a compliment give the good use to which it could be put. Even more valuable today of course.
He could lay the abuse on with a trowel and the very next post be as nice as pie. I recall he started a thread saying "I'm a Fat Fecker" which I replied with: "Yeah, so fat you gotta iron your shirts in the garden." His reply was simple and concise: "I don't Iron My shirts." :)

When City played at Swindon I often asked stoutish fellows if they were C.