• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have you prematurely done summat here art ?
Evening Al,

Er, yes...

tavyred

No point in Brexit if we don’t have the freedom to diverge. So unless the EU agree to sector by sector deals. It’s a WTO Brexit. I’m content with that.

IndoMike

It has not happened yet so we do not know.
The thing is, Ali, that no Exeweb poster has yet been able to list the advantages, which seems strange when some are so fervently in favour of Brexit.
And if you're saying that it hasn't happened yet so we don't know, wasn't BREXIT therefore a giant leap into the dark based on some whimsical, nationalistic, "Land of Hope and Glory" idea. It's the 21st Century, not the 19th.
Even more surprising is that although the Brexiters have been going on and on about it for years and years they still don't have much of a clue how to implement You'd think that Johnson, Ress-Smug et al would have detailed plans.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
There are no advantages to Brexit, so the only defence when the disadvantages are pointed out seems to be to erect straw men (all remainers are arrogant, dismissive elitists, out of touch with "ordinary " people) and then attack them....
👆 oooh! horrible leavers just attack people. (says remainer). 👆
👇(as remainer attacks leavers for no reason). 👇
Yep. You never get any rationale debate or even defence of BREXIT (or Johnson). They've all become Trumpians.

IndoMike

👆 oooh! horrible leavers just attack people. (says remainer). 👆
👇(as remainer attacks leavers for no reason). 👇
But we've asked our Leavers many times what the advantages of BREXIT are and we just don't get a response.
We have often detailed why we disagree with BREXIT, why we don't trust Johnson, in addition to the forked tongue of the Govt. I posted yesterday the extreme about- turn of the Chancellor, but nobody can reply to that.
I guess we're just Anti-British..

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
But we've asked our Leavers many times what the advantages of BREXIT are and we just don't get a response.
We have often detailed why we disagree with BREXIT, why we don't trust Johnson, in addition to the forked tongue of the Govt. I posted yesterday the extreme about- turn of the Chancellor, but nobody can reply to that.
I guess we're just Anti-British..
I've certainly answered that question in the past and done so quite fully. As I'm sure others have.
The reason I cba to do so these days is that your constant repetition is just too tedious and, frankly, boring.

IndoMike

I've certainly answered that question in the past and done so quite fully. As I'm sure others have.
The reason I cba to do so these days is that your constant repetition is just too tedious and, frankly, boring.
That's your opinion, which clearly I don't share. I notice you don't say the same about the pro-Brexit posters who very frequently post. And of course you don't have to read my posts, do you? Why read them if they're boring and repetitive: a bit masochistic, isn't it? Simple question requiring a simple answer.
You've never answered the question about the advantages of BREXIT. It's easy to say that you have, but please show me where.
Since you post very infrequently it shouldn't be hard for you to find those posts
Simple question requiring a simple answer.
I'm not confident about you answering those 2 questions, though.

IndoMike

And by the way, very poor using me as a reason for you not posting much.
Even on the betting thread you never post a bet, although I must agree that is a good strategy to stay near the top 😉. I never post on that thread due to my sad betting performance and swift elimination from the quiz.
If you have genuine criticisms I'm a big boy and can take it, but bs requires a response.

tavyred

Like Rae, I’ve answered the ‘benefits of Brexit’ question at least a couple times, you either have a bad memory Mike, or are just pathologically unable to take on board an opinion that doesn’t fit with your anti-Brexit fixation. Either way it’s your problem to deal with.
Again, despite you saying otherwise, I even explained the Chancellor’s volte face on Brexit a couple of pages back, do you even read the other posts?
And on you being anti-British, I think you share the liberal left’s general antipathy toward the British State.

IndoMike

Like Rae, I’ve answered the ‘benefits of Brexit’ question at least a couple times, you either have a bad memory Mike, or are just pathologically unable to take on board an opinion that doesn’t fit with your anti-Brexit fixation. Either way it’s your problem to deal with.
Again, despite you saying otherwise, I even explained the Chancellor’s volte face on Brexit a couple of pages back, do you even read the other posts?
And on you being anti-British, I think you share the liberal left’s general antipathy toward the British State.
Thanks for speaking on behalf of Rae. I will still await evidence of Rae's posts concerning discussion on the advantages of BREXIT. Yes, I must have a bad memory about your own posts on the advantages of BREXIT, too.
Regarding, the Chancellor, I guess you think it's normal that he said in 2016 it would be an economic disaster to Brexit and now he is staunchly for it. You can't wriggle out of that, Tavers, no matter how hard you try.. The only possible explanation is his own personal ambition.
And about our British loyalty, I repeat, to have a sycophantic attitude towards the Govt, to justify their mistakes and failed policies (there are so many examples) and to not demand accountability is un-British and does no favour for our democratic institutions or for our people.
Thank God we are a nation of moaners , which has been an important factor in trying to restrain the more dictatorial elements of British Govt. and pushed the country to always try to be better.