• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
At the moment regarding Labour you have fight within the party, Those who want to blame the media, Corbyn bashing, Brexit but still "Won the argument" and don't see losing the GE by a record amount is anything to do with their policies or leader and those who seem to be silenced and knew how bad the GE campaign, Policies and leader and are desperate to find a leader who can steer them in the right direction and hopefully have a decent shot at a future GE.
There is no fight going on within the party IMO. All the people that matter in positions of authority and able to to influence policy are firmly in the far left Corbynista camp and they see no issue with continuity Corbyn. The only dissension I’ve witnessed has been from moderate Labour MP’s and the odd Blairite dinosaur in the Lords. Look where the moderates choices for Leader are in the polls of the membership, nowhere. The hard left now controls the Labour Party, consequently the lessons will not be learnt.

DB9

There is no fight going on within the party IMO. All the people that matter in positions of authority and able to to influence policy are firmly in the far left Corbynista camp and they see no issue with continuity Corbyn. The only dissension I’ve witnessed has been from moderate Labour MP’s and the odd Blairite dinosaur in the Lords. Look where the moderates choices for Leader are in the polls of the membership, nowhere. The hard left now controls the Labour Party, consequently the lessons will not be learnt.
I'm not so sure Tavy, If the only point of view is the "Argument" even if that means losing election after election then they will die but I do think there is enough people who oppose this, They might not be in positions of authority yet but if Labour's poll rating are flat lined, especially if the Tories screw up and still can't make a breakthrough then I hope things will change

tavyred

I'm not so sure Tavy, If the only point of view is the "Argument" even if that means losing election after election then they will die but I do think there is enough people who oppose this, They might not be in positions of authority yet but if Labour's poll rating are flat lined, especially if the Tories screw up and still can't make a breakthrough then I hope things will change
DB, I guess we can distill this down to one question. Does the current Labour Party and it’s membership possess enough self awareness to tailor its message toward the people it needs to vote for them 2024?

DB9

DB, I guess we can distill this down to one question. Does the current Labour Party and it’s membership possess enough self awareness to tailor its message toward the people it needs to vote for them 2024?
Unless Johnson has a complete implosion then no but if a new leader does manage that and can claw back a decent amount of votes then maybe but 2028 might be more realistic, A new leader will get two elections unless 2024 is even worse than 2019

IndoMike

Amazing how our Tory friends totally ignore the overt deception of the Government and focus on the Labour Party. I'm not going to play that game, folks. I'm into showing up the Tory party at every moment, and there will be many moments.
For example
1.*Little Matty Hancock : the man who doesn't know what the word "principle" means. His latest deceit : wanting to stop collecting data on waiting times in our hospitals. Little Matty : people are listening you know. You are a very stupid man. You'd sell your Gran if the money was right.
2. Mr "Don't ask me, I'm only the P.M"
How's the Irish border problem going, matey? Didn't you promise no borders?
3. When is the Tory party going to fix the Dawlish railway line problem that they promised to do years ago?
These are the important issues. The Brexit decision is over for the time being, but those of us who abhor this Tory Govt need to keep up the pressure and expose their laziness, incompetence and lies.I It'sdoing our little bit.
The Labour leadership at the mo is a sideshow. Please don't get sucked into it too far by Exeweb's Tory footsoldiers and lose sight of the real problem : Johnson and the Tory Govt

* I don't mean physically. I mean his weak character

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Classic deflection.

elginCity

Do you really think Labour's shift in terms of its Brexit policy was down to the Glorious Leader undergoing some kind of damascene conversion? Or was it, perchance, down to the Shadow Brexit Secretary (who was employed at Mischon de Reya - Gina Miller's lawyers - before taking up the post), the first member of the Shadow Cabinet to actively and officially call for a second referendum, and who has effectively been in charge of Labour's Brexit policy for the past three years?
Starmer pushed for an unambiguous full remain Labour policy, the Momentum Lexiters scuppered that at Conference. Anyway, it was your bold assertion that Starmer, having been seen as the 'Remoaner-in-Chief' sic, would as a result, be stymied electorally in 2024. A view obviously predicated on Brexit becoming a rip-roaring success, and also Starmer's poor judgement in having backed remain. Just wondered on what grounds do you base such optimism ? So I'll ask you again !

Last edited:

IndoMike

Classic deflection.
I'll leave any other posters to decide about that (if anybody reads this stuff). You have a vested interest in belittling the Labour Party. I have no vested interest in belittling the Tory party and anyway they can do that themselves very effectively

tavyred

Indo’s Friday rant is back. The world makes sense again. 😄

elginCity

Last nights QT was a joy to behold, recommend watching on catch up Jase.
Young Fox is well worth the watch,.....
Yes, if only for his bold claim that the UK is the "most tolerant and lovely country in Europe". Our Jase loves a baseless bold claim !