• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving all the red on red action today. Long (Bailey) may it continue.
Another Labour moderate (Kinnock Jnr.) flagging up Labour’s hard left’s issues with patriotism this morning.

Rosencrantz

Interesting article on the public's view of nationalisation of various services from a YouGov survey.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-party-election-corbyn-leader-polls-nationalisation-a9248511.html?amp

It does seem that nationalisation has support, even from a considerable amount of Conservative voters. It could be a vote winner in the future away from Brexit but only if done sensibly and in a very structured way. For example, the railways as the franchises end. This already has a bit of history as when various franchises have been taken over by the MoT temporarily, they have improved and been run well before then putting to franchise again.

Mr Jinx

Another Labour moderate (Kinnock Jnr.) flagging up Labour’s hard left’s issues with patriotism this morning.
Kinnock, like Flint, Nandy and a few others actually got it (although probably a bit too late in the day). That they got serious flack and were vilified by their colleagues tells us all we need to know.

IndoMike

IndoMike, as he always is, was absolutely all over the place. One minute he was getting his excuses in early for the forthcoming thrashing, the next he was back in cloud cuckoo land and hung parliament territory.

If I had some spare time I'd go back and copy and paste a few prized items. If anyone can be arsed, please do, it'll make for hilarious reading.
Yawn. Boring .

Mr Jinx

Yawn. Boring .
And there was me thinking you were ignoring all my posts like you proclaimed a few hours ago. Silly me.

DB9

Kinnock, like Flint, Nandy and a few others actually got it (although probably a bit too late in the day). That they got serious flack and were vilified by their colleagues tells us all we need to know.
They got it way before Thursday Jinxy, Anyone with an ounce of sense knew what was coming, Guess they had to be "Diplomatic" before the results

IndoMike

They got it way before Thursday Jinxy, Anyone with an ounce of sense knew what was coming, Guess they had to be "Diplomatic" before the results
Flint about to be sued by Thornberry for slander/libel

DB9

Flint about to be sued by Thornberry for slander/libel
Interesting to see how that one works out

Mr Jinx

Interesting to see how that one works out
They should just do away with the courts and lawyers...back of bike sheds tonight at 5pm...good old fashioned scrap girl stylee

tavyred

They should just do away with the courts and lawyers...back of bike sheds tonight at 5pm...good old fashioned scrap girl stylee
The Lady Nugee would have an unfair weight advantage it has to be said. :)

• Haha
Reactions: DB9