• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
I might have suggested someone like Caroline Flint, but of course she didn't survive the bonfire. Plus of course she's part of the evil Blairite empire.
I miss her already, sigh.

iscalad

I might have suggested someone like Caroline Flint, but of course she didn't survive the bonfire. Plus of course she's part of the evil Blairite empire.
What? The last Labour leader to win an election.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
What? The last Labour leader to win an election.
Indeed, how dare he.

IndoMike

I do feel bad. :)
I bet you don't.
But.. about my political instincts .
I knew that the Tories would win the election because I knew Corbyn was unelectable. Even I don't like him. I have often said likeability is maybe as important as policy. Johnson's fake bumbling character was more likeable than Corbyn's stern, angry headmaster image.
Also, it's impossible for Labour to win an election if the Mail, Sun, Telegraph, Express et al are vehemently against the candidate.
In addition, chats from afar with members of my family and friends made it clear the way the wind was blowing.
My perspective was anything but the Tories : as a matter of principle. It was anti-Tory rather than pro Labour, although I still think many of the Labour policies were better. In fact, I don't even know what the Tory policies are. Written on the back of a fag packet, I guess
My comments were not based on political instincts, but hopes. Some of us had to show up all the devious tactics used by Johnson, his moral cowardice, and his many other failings. But just like Trump, it seems that contemporary society does not care about ethics and morality. This has been surprising me since Trump came to power.
If you want instincts :
1. Long-Bailey will become new Labour leader or the Labour party will split up.
2. Brexit will be delayed but the EU will not make us pay for our contribution after end of 2020
3. The USA will be given access to the NHS
4. You will not feel comfortable eating chlorinated chicken.
5. Your mate Jinxy will never be able to answer my questions 'cos he's a bit t___k.
6. Jason will keep crawling up the social ladder and will eventually be introduced to Shifty Eyes, whereupon he'll spunk out and never fail to remind us of the great day. Yawn.

tavyred

What was your seat prediction this time last week Indo?

IndoMike

What was your seat prediction this time last week Indo?
You know already. .

tavyred

You know already. .
I don’t actually. Remind me.

IndoMike

I forget 🤔

Mr Jinx

Loving all the red on red action today. Long (Bailey) may it continue.

Mr Jinx

IndoMike, as he always is, was absolutely all over the place. One minute he was getting his excuses in early for the forthcoming thrashing, the next he was back in cloud cuckoo land and hung parliament territory.

If I had some spare time I'd go back and copy and paste a few prized items. If anyone can be arsed, please do, it'll make for hilarious reading.