• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do you own an 0 pollution car ? Do you own any article of clothing with synthetic leather on the elbows that you have sewn there with only hemp thread ?
Have you ever had the tendency to wear a riot helmet at a peaceful rally ? Have you ever burnt the flag of your country of birth in solidarity with a terrorist movement ?

If you answer No to all of the above then you are fine and a normal rational person who goes about his daily life trying to do what he can do towards pollution, free speech and tolerance to others.
If you have answered yes to any or all of the above then you are probably on some nutters spotlight to be turned to the dark side and it wont be long til your sat up a tree naked but covered in cow $hite shouting THIS TREE HAS A SOUL !!
I can, in all honesty, answer NO to all of the above clichés and generalisations, but I am still firmly against fascism in all of its flavours...but especially the extreme right-wing nut-jobbery peddled by some.
(Although I'm fully aware that "brave old Moany" won't actually read this because, as,with others on here who dare to contest his narrow world view, like all good, courageous bully-boys when confronted by any contrary opinions, runs and hides behind the "ignore" button and just assumes any response)

DB9

"middle class metropolitan lefties"

Even though i consider myself a bit of a leftie i got told off on here for reffering to people with the above statement

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
(Although I'm fully aware that "brave old Moany" won't actually read this because, as,with others on here who dare to contest his narrow world view, like all good, courageous bully-boys when confronted by any contrary opinions, runs and hides behind the "ignore" button and just assumes any response)
No not really its because you and the other person I have on ignore for the best part of my time are boring to the point of nausea !
I can deal with left wing nut jobs with ease its the sycophantic mind numbing dull posting's I really cant be a$$ed to have to look through before you and A N OTHER actually make a point !

tavyred

"middle class metropolitan lefties"

Even though i consider myself a bit of a leftie i got told off on here for reffering to people with the above statement
I don't seen why, it seems to be a pretty accurate non-abusive descriptor of Labour's core support.

IndoMike

No not really its because you and the other person I have on ignore for the best part of my time are boring to the point of nausea !
I can deal with left wing nut jobs with ease its the sycophantic mind numbing dull posting's I really cant be a$$ed to have to look through before you and A N OTHER actually make a point !
The hilarious thing is that you really think we care if you have us on ignore.
As far as I'm concerned, if you have me or anyone else on ignore it means you have lost the argument, I.e. you can't counter arguments against your narrow, stereotyping view of the world. I have 2 nephews who were marines but I wouldn't dream of classifying them as narrow-minded, not very bright meatheads (and they aren't).
Your view that anyone who doesn't like
the Tories or doesn't agree with Brexit are revolutionaries, hippies, is almost as absurd as you are. You think the 48% of Brits who voted Remain are all like that? The vast majority are normal people - when I take you for a beer when i come back to Blighty you will see that.😄👍
PS. Even if you have me on 'ignore" ,I know you'll still have a peep.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Ok but I'd like to think I'm anti-fascist, I'm probably on the left of your views but I don't recognize the rest in me
I'm very definitely anti-Fascist.

Antifa are people who dress up in black and beat up people whose views they disagree with.

I think Alanis Morrissette wrote a song about it.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster

Antifa are people who dress up in black and beat up people whose views they disagree with.

I think Alanis Morrissette wrote a song about it.
You forgot the bit about changing history because they are ashamed of their ancestors actions 200 years ago.

tavyred

I like how the Antifa mob think they are a modern day equivalents of the Cable Street heroes, ironically with the current hard left and their inherent anti-semitism they are the Black-shirts now.

DB9

Times I heard that in the Police, Always accused of beating up people when dealing with protesters

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Times I heard that in the Police, Always accused of beating up people when dealing with protesters
classic one was a protest in London and the loud mouth gobby woman screaming at the news camera's that she was hit with part of a brick by the police only for a camera man to start the interview with the question " where were you hit ?" She replied "look here it has split the back of my head" quick as a flash the interviewer said you were facing the police when you got hit , it was another protester who must have thrown the brick !