• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
You mean like the police assistance to guide a rival faction of hate filled muslims and limp wristed rock throwing millenials towards a perfectly LEGAL gathering of his supporters instead of putting a line of police between them ?
The ER protest have been deemed unlawful , Arrest the whole lot PQD … Including Geoff lol.
Bit strong there Ramone, Was there actual proof of Police assisting in a crime then which you're alleging? Serious question

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Bit strong there Ramone, Was there actual proof of Police assisting in a crime then which you're alleging? Serious question
You're surprised he holds those views? It's been as plain as day for a VERY long time. TOMMEH!!!!

Grecian2K

Just wondering how effectively those mythical millenials could hurl rocks with such limp wrists? Globules of congealed quinoa and rolled up copies perhaps, but actual rocks......?

iscalad

If we leave, trade talks with the EU to begin on November 1st. Much to discuss and argue over. All we've done so far is the financial settlement, citizens rights and the British border in Ireland. So much for done and dusted.....
Well we are bound to get a better deal than we have now. Aren't we?

geoffwp

You're surprised he holds those views? It's been as plain as day for a VERY long time. TOMMEH!!!!
But you're wrong spanky.

Mr Jinx

If we leave, trade talks with the EU to begin on November 1st. Much to discuss and argue over. All we've done so far is the financial settlement, citizens rights and the British border in Ireland. So much for done and dusted.....
Not even that close to leaving yet, let's all be honest. Let's revisit Saturday night.

IndoMike

Ramone's views are no different than the views of hundreds of millions of others.
The problem is not political : it's the problem of attitude, short-sightedness, selfishness, laziness, and complacency - of which most of us are guilty.
Real evidence of global warming is building in front of our eyes - you only have to see the greater frequency of severe storms, ice melting in areas where it had been a permanent feature for hundreds of thousands of years, reefs blanching, record temperatures et al.
Millions (but not all) of those born after the 2nd World War in the UK have had a relatively comfortable existence with all mod cons. Few want to give up their cars, flights, micro-wave ovens, computers, fridges and the like.
Because the threat is increasing gradually (but exponentially !) people are still complacent : thinking that climate disaster will never happen to them (but selfishly forgetting that it might well impact seriously on the lives of their kids and grandkids).
It takes a real effort to do anything individually about global warming, and many will think "what's the point?" if nobody else makes the effort.
Politicians are not brave enough to introduce measures to help curb global warming and the awful pollution of our planet: they don't want to be responsible for depriving society of all the goodies we enjoy - not a good vote winner.
So we are left with only one route : to apply as much pressure as possible on our governments to introduce mandatory regulations to halt the slide into the abyss.
That is what the climate change protesters are doing. Should they disrupt transport in and around London? I don't think so. Should they be allowed to demonstrate en masse?: Yes, of course.
Please remember at Xmas time when you're giving your kids and grandkids their gifts and their hugs, it is little compensation and does not hide the fact that we are the generation that ignored all the warning signs. When the grandkids get older they will indeed ask us why the hell we didn't do anything about climate change, why we just sat back and let it happen, why we screwed up their futures.
We deserve not to be forgiven for that.

DB9

You're right Mike, To protest peacefully we should all endorse but what those protesters did on the tube and DLR was stupid and an own goal, Even prominent XR people said it shouldn't of happened, Problem with XR there is no real leadership to coordinate protests, Perhaps they should have one. Sitting or standing around in protest is one thing but to disrupt public transport, Which they should applaud and people going to work I'm afraid they will lose any sympathy and deserve the full force of the law put on them

DB9

Tomorrow the MP's vote on the WA, Johnson has not won a vote in the HOC, Will tomorrow end his losing streak, Sort of losing battle after battle but in the end winning the war?

IndoMike

But DH8 is not the prr
You're right Mike, To protest peacefully we should all endorse but what those protesters did on the tube and DLR was stupid and an own goal, Even prominent XR people said it shouldn't of happened, Problem with XR there is no real leadership to coordinate protests, Perhaps they should have one. Sitting or standing around in protest is one thing but to disrupt public transport, Which they should applaud and people going to work I'm afraid they will lose any sympathy and deserve the full force of the law put on them
I would prefer to keep the emphasis on ways to persuade governments to make us do what we don't want to do, I e. give up some of our home comforts to help the planet. I don't want to do that either, but if the Government makes us do it
with very severe penalties for breaking the rules then I would obey. Tough job for the Government, right?
I'm not interested in going over the ER behaviour again. I already said they shouldn't have disrupted the transport system : hardly a good way to win friends and influence people
But that is a distraction from the real problem. You can't say *Oh global warming is terrible but look at those awful ER people". We have to say *Global warming is terrible : what the fark are we gonna do about it?".