• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Evidence please or this is just another made up accusation (bull$hit in other words)
Unless of course you are actually his doctor and I'll take your word for it ...
If you would like to read what I posted and respond to the evidence i cited that would help (and be a first). And you could have a look at this (before dismissing it out of hand no doubt)

tavyred

If you would like to read what I posted and respond to the evidence i cited that would help (and be a first). And you could have a look at this (before dismissing it out of hand no doubt)
Trump is the mother of all narcissists, which may or may not be a prerequisite of being the Leader of the free world.
He doesn’t have Alzheimer’s.

Mr Jinx

Corbyn wants MP's to make him PM so he can stop a no deal Brexit! Are things that bad a man who isn't even popular with his own MP's thinks the country would accept that?? Is he growing funny plants down on his allotments and smoking it??
Days of reason have long since gone. Spreadsheet Phil will still do whatever he can to scupper Brexit, but he will never willingly let Corbyn become PM. I think even he'd prefer No Deal over that.

DB9

That is what Corbyn doesn't realise, No one wants him as PM, The Tories don't trust him, His own MP's don't trust him and poll after poll says the public don't trust him

arthur

Days of reason have long since gone. Spreadsheet Phil will still do whatever he can to scupper Brexit, but he will never willingly let Corbyn become PM. I think even he'd prefer No Deal over that.
Spreadsheet Phil did actually vote for Brexit three times in Parliament, but don't let that spoil your fun....

The days of reason have indeed long gone in your case

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Spreadsheet Phil did actually vote for Brexit three times in Parliament, but don't let that spoil your fun....

While bound by CCR, of course.

geoffwp

What does that matter? As DB says, he voted for Brexit 3 times. He says now he still wants Brexit, just NOT a no deal one. He is still a Brexit man, or are 'no deal brexiteers' the only ones accepted in the fold anymore? On another note I really think Scotland should be given a second referendum for independence. Why not? After all people do change their minds particularly when they see the English screwing things up. Scottish backstop anyone?

arthur

Are you suggesting he didn't mean it? That's more than a bit harsh.... He was always clear about the economic downsides but I always thought that he and TM did actually want to deliver some sort of Brexit, albeit not one to everyone's taste..

iscalad

I think he voted for Teaser's deal. Not quite the same as no deal.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Are you suggesting he didn't mean it? That's more than a bit harsh.... He was always clear about the economic downsides but I always thought that he and TM did actually want to deliver some sort of Brexit, albeit not one to everyone's taste..
He's someone who seems to have drifted off during the A50 process having started off quite bullish - in public at least. In fact prior to the referendum he, like Grieve, were on camera stating that should we vote to leave, when the A50 process expires we leave with or without a deal.

Word is he was very active behind the scenes doing all he could to scupper any No Deal planning.

I get the feeling that had he been free of the shackles of one of the Great Offices of State, and with it a central figure in CCR, he might have been in the Grieve camp.